Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Oct 2007 17:49:28 BDT
I AM ME says:
Despite the annoying delay, this is an excellent series and I really don't think it deserves such bad reviews because of something like this, maybe just take away one star from your review.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2007 22:54:16 BDT
I agree entirely with what Jimminy says - surely the idea of leaving a review is to comment on what the actual series is like - the acting, the drama, the presentation & the new interpretation of Agatha Christie's wonderful stories - not to moan about when it finally gets a DVD release. Like others I was upset to see that the box set has been put back - I've had it on my wish list forever (or so it seems) - I'd been looking forward to receiving it all month & was very disappointed to see the delay. To give it less stars just made me think that this series wasn't up to the normal high standard that we've come to expect from the previous two - so it will be very misleading to many who perhaps missed the TV airing - like myself. But rest assured when it appears next year I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Oct 2007 18:59:18 BDT
I AM ME says:
C D Howell, I only saw one episode in the series so far ( ordeal by innocence ), I haven't read that particular book but the episode was brilliant.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2007 22:29:30 GMT
Jamie B says:
If you had read the book you would think that Ordeal By Innocence was far from brilliant. They invented characters, murdered the wrong victims, and generally mucked it about. The tired old excuse that they are bringing the stories up to date just won't wash. Bertram's Hotel was even worse, barely recognisable from the novel. I'm now dreading the next two stories, both favourites of mine, Nemesis and Towards Zero (another non-Marple story she has mysteriously, I mean, cynically, been shoe-horned into.)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  1 Oct 2007
Latest post:  31 Oct 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Agatha Christie's Marple Series 3 [DVD] [2007] (Towards Zero / Nemesis / Ordeal by Innocence / At Bertram's Hotel)
Agatha Christie's Marple Series 3 [DVD] [2007] (Towards Zero / Nemesis / Ordeal by Innocence / At Bertram's Hotel) by Julian Sands (DVD - 2008)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (90)