Style Name: Grado SR325i|Change

on 8 June 2014
I'd already come accross Grado Headphones a while back having purchased a pair of SR80's and a pair of RS2's.
I use the SR80's at home and the RS2's at work. While I liked the SR80's I found them to be a bit bass light, especially when listening to my mixes at home. I'd read a few good reviews about the SR225i's and decided to take a bit of a punt on them. I was not disappoinred! Not only is there more bass presence, but there is a lot more detail in the higher frequencies. At just under £170 these may well be the best sounding headphones around for the price.
on 1 May 2014
Great sound for acoustic and metal music. I can understand why people wouldnt like them for electronic music, i wouldn't probably either, lucky for me i dont actually listen to electronic music. While many complain about bass of these things, there is enough for my liking. Bass could be bit punchier, but thats nothing an amp wont fix.

Guitars and vocals sound amazing on these things and are easily best part about them. In fact all instruments sound great, they really do bring out extra level of detail i have never heard before.

I really like the case aswell, i have yet to use it but im certain it will keep my headphones safe.

Comfort was a minor problem, but its already improving for me after 3 day of usage.

Great deal and great value for me
on 24 June 2014
I dithered for some time between these and the AKGK550s. The AKG's have a higher RRP, are equally well regarded and undoubtedly better made too.
What swung it for me was the looks, (the AKG's are slightly dull) and the sound, which is punchy and exciting from the outset - regardless of source or material.
They offer a real sense of occasion each time I use them and the addition of the case (usually £25 I believe) was an extra bonus too.
on 25 March 2014
Poor build. Ugly as a mule. Leak sound to a ridiculous degree but for at home listening with no one else in the room, you get a vastly superior product to ALL others in this price range and much higher!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 September 2014
I have the 325Is's and they are stunning. For my money, they're better than the RS1's which I had a couple of years ago.
on 9 May 2014
After 24 hours burn in the headphone changed to muddy sound to the prefect all round sound as one would expect.
on 18 August 2014
These headphones sound great . Sound is clear and detailed but something needs to be done about comfort.
on 1 October 2015
The best hi-fidelity 'phones at the price by a long way, forget all the trendy brands, listen to Grado
on 3 October 2014
Worth the extra investment over the SR80's!
on 29 December 2014