I bought this case mainly for protection, to prevent drops causing scratches/shattered screens and not necessarily based on its looks. However, having had the case on my phone for a while I'm now a big fan of this design.
The case has a quality feel and finish, with surfaces being just the right combination of firm and smooth to the touch whilst still giving some grip. I would say though that if you're not overly confident in your grip that perhaps a case with a more textured back would be more appropriate, as with one-handed use it can be difficult to get purchase on the back of the case. The hole for the 3.5mm jack is slightly off-centre and occasionally requires some jiggling about and the case does have an unsightly hole for korean version's antennae.
Most importantly for me though, after 3 drops (all from pocket/table height ~1m) including one that was almost perfectly face down the phone is still immaculate. There are a few minor scuffs on the case but I'm far happier having them on an £18 case than on my £300 phone!
- Stylish design (despite initial concerns).
- Appears to be highly protective - prevented screen shattering on face flat drop.
- Quality construction and finish.
- Back is not as grippy as I might like for one-handed use.
- Gap in top right corner for korean version's antenna is slightly odd-looking.
- Hole for 3.5mm headphone jack slightly off-centre