Format: HardcoverChange

on 21 July 2013
I have never read a book of this size in one sitting. Frankly, I started a bit slow but then found myself not being able to put the book down. Four hours later! I have read the entire book.

This is great. The language is simple, clear and crisp. The explanations make total sense. To make a subject such as tables and graphs interesting is difficult at the best of times but Mr Few has done it. I have learnt a hell of a lot such as geospatial considerations, box plots (never heard of them before), perception of visual display etc etc etc.

Normally, I consider a book great if I learn just one thing from it but I have learnt such a lot from this book. To supplement this, I suggest that one also reads 'How to make an impact' by Jon Moon.
on 24 February 2013
This book begins at the principles of perception and guides you towards the goal of presenting the valuable meaningful information that's hidden within bulks of data along a path of understanding. For me as information professional at a government agency this book helps to reach the next level of professional performance.
on 27 June 2014
As a professional who often has to display data in innovative and engaging ways, I find this book invaluable.
on 12 February 2014
This book is a great source of a practical knowledge for everyone who designs information. I'm a UX designer and this book help me prepare better tables and graphs, not only draw nice ones but also think about information in analytical way.
on 21 August 2014
Superb book that gives practical, sensible advice instead of unusual and pretty charts for unusual cases. Is up-to-date and relevant to modern tools and practices. Used this as the basis for training at my work.
on 22 March 2015
Fanastic book... if its your thing or a job, to visually present data. It is nicely printed with solid, grey hardcover.
on 16 July 2014
Really good clear book , excellent for anyone thinking about presenting numbers
on 17 January 2015
Clear and to the point just what I need to get my head around my figures
on 28 June 2015
Was a present for family member.
on 5 January 2016