Tailor your espionage skills and training to your play style and become the world's deadliest rogue agent in Obsidian Entertainment's blockbuster modern day espionage RPG thriller Alpha Protocol.
When a CIA operative is cut off from his own agency, when he no longer has backup, when his ties to the US government are severed, he has one option: the Alpha Protocol. Agent Mike Thorton's investigation led him to a once-in-a-career target, but when the operation gets called off at the last minute, that's when it begins. Plots are in motion in major cities around the world that will change them forever. Thorton has to work against the odds and the most dangerous operators in the spy game if he's going to stop them... and he will have to do it alone.
- Unique Action-based RPG skill system: Become a spy, marksman, or technician among many other classes. The familiarities of today's shooters are mixed with unique roleplaying abilities.
- Movie blockbuster experience: High production espionage thriller. James Bond meets Jason Bourne meets Jack Bauer.
- Morally Complex Choices: Relationships alter story and side quests based on both conversations and actions. The gameplay system is directly tied into the narrative.
- Revolutionary Dialog Stance System: A new dialog system based on emotive
The year is 2009. Worldwide political tensions are at a breaking point when a commercial airliner is shot down by a U.S. missile over Eastern Europe, killing all aboard. The U.S. government claims no involvement, and dispatches Agent Michael Thorton to investigate and bring those responsible to justice. As the first modern day spy role-playing game, Alpha Protocol offers unprecedented control over the development of Thorton’s abilities and his interactions with other characters. Upgrade skills such as physical combat, weapons mastery, cutting-edge technology and even seduction as you grow in experience and complete missions.
Arsenal of Weapons
In the near future, worldwide political tensions are at a breaking point when a commercial airliner is shot down by a U.S. missile over Eastern Europe, killing all aboard. The U.S. government claims no involvement, and dispatches Agent Michael Thorton to investigate and bring those responsible to justice.
As the first modern day spy role-playing game, Alpha Protocol offers unprecedented control over the development of Thorton's abilities and his interactions with other characters. Upgrade skills such as physical combat, weapons mastery, cutting-edge technology and even seduction as you grow in experience and complete missions.
Key Game Features:
Dynamic Dialogue System
- Customizable Spy – Players continually develop their spy with advanced close-combat techniques, lethal marksmanship, the ability to wield ingenious spy gadgets, and much more.
- Multiple Paths to Choose From – With no right or wrong decisions, players can constantly change the storyline based on the choices they make. Will they let a terrorist escape to follow a lead, or eliminate targets against the mission agenda? Demanding decisions are challenging and many.
- Revolutionary Interaction System – With the Alpha Protocol “Ripple Effect” system, players can interact with allies and enemies in a variety of ways. Their choices will dynamically change the storyline and unlock new missions, weapons and alliances.
- Complete Choice of Combat Style – An arsenal of weapons with a plethora of customizable add-ons allows players to create a personalized weapon load out for every mission. Cutting-edge technology, stealth maneuvers, ballistic explosives and more can be discovered and used!
- No Time to Spare – Every decision and interaction in Alpha Protocol is made with a time-limit that steadily ebbs away. Players must think fast, act urgently, and then prepare for the consequences!
- Real Modern-Day Setting – Players can live out real-world espionage within rich international settings such as Rome, Moscow, Taipei, and Saudi Arabia.
- Developed by RPG Masterminds, Obsidian Entertainment – Founding Obsidian members have worked on RPG blockbusters including KOTOR II, Neverwinter Nights 2, Baldur’s Gate, Planescape Torment, and Fallout.
The Dynamic Dialogue System allows you to forge your own path within Alpha Protocol by determining the state of your relationships with the other characters in this high stakes espionage world. You'll have to think quickly when you're periodically given 2-4 stances to take during your interations with colleagues and enemies, uncovering a worldwide conspiracy through anything from suave sweet nothings to intimidating informants with brute force.