on 30 July 2014
Book 1 in this series (so far only two, but another one is one the way apparently)... Bk 2 is The SEAL's Best Man. Loved all the characters in this book, although Vi is abit of a snob and more, although in book 2 you understand why. This story is mainly focussed on Mike and Lacey. Would love to meet someone as big and hunky as this character, in real life... Are all US Marines or Navy SEALS built like this I wonder? Certainly not in the UK, although ours are leaner, they are fit. But the USA military, as written about in novels are all built like tanks and over 6 ft. tall.... dream are made of these I think! A great read, and so is book 2. So for anyone loving a truly emotional ride, get the tissues at the ready, be ready to laugh and cry..... This author is fairly new, and can certainly write a good tale.
on 31 October 2015
I feel bad about only giving 3 stars but... Despite how well written it is I felt it spent too much time on the secondary characters: setting up a series I doubt I'll read. Having so much time spent on the other characters might not be a bad thing but unfortunately, I didn't really take to them. I'm the same age as the women in this book. We don't just wonder around making lewd comments about every man we see. If it had been flipped and the male characters did nothing but gawk and slaver over the female characters I would write them off as frat boys and bin off the book. It made women that were meant to be independent and kind come off as desperate sex pests. This one just wasn't for me. It was well written and had a lovely realist setting.
on 24 August 2013
Bought this late yesterday,. Started reading and couldnt put down until fell asleep at 1am reading it. Just finished now.7.45 am. Loved loved this book. Loved the style of writing and look forward to more books from this author. It made me smile, chuckle and have a few tears. The test of a good book is to get an emotional response from the reader
Loved the book so much it inspired me to write my first ever review.
Small downside, ebook layout bit strange as writing very spaced out but doesnt detract from great story. Enjoy.
Cant find author on fantastic fiction so must be very new. She is now on my favourite author list.
on 15 July 2014
Kate .... You have a new fan. Stumbled across this book looking for military romances and this full novel is the best 'trip' I've had in a while. Fell in love with the main characters Lacey and Mick and also the supporting friends who all made me laugh, gasp.whimper ... and left me dying to read more about them (no spoilers, but book two delivers on that front)

If you are up for military alpha males who are easy to fall in love with - read this way!!! A real "me time" page turner.
on 22 January 2015
First of four stories about special Ops and the guys that serve in the navy and army. Strong men who have loyalty to their country their service and their team flowing in their blood. Finding a love you can trust and believe in seems impossible but sometimes events have a way of showing you a different path. My granny always said what's for you won't go past you. Mick finds love when he thought he never could and its wonderful. Lovely story nicely written. Good value.
on 22 May 2013
I love this story once I started reading I couldn't put it down I would recommend this and I would read it again
on 30 October 2014
This was quite a gentle story. A typical romance of woman meets man, some angst, minor threat, misunderstandings, HEA. Man (Mick) is a hot navy seal, obviously good looking, woman is a shy retiring type trying to make a living and crashing funerals to do it. Rather dubious.
Anyway it's a nice, easy read. I gave it four stars because it's well written and a good example of its genre.
Contains some sex scenes.
on 26 December 2014
Came across Kate Aster by chance. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, getting to know the characters and all their highs and lows.

The Seal connection never fails to impress and you will not be disappointed if you like military romance Made me want to read more!

Immediately ordered the other 3 books for holiday reading.
on 25 August 2013
This book is a gem. It flowed nicely and the characters in the book developed well and were engaging. I thoroughly enjoyed making my way through the story with them. The humour had me crying with laughter.

The author has me yearning for more of her brilliant storytelling and definitely going on my must read authors list.
on 27 July 2015
Had this book on my wish list debated for a long time if should download and so glad I did, real page turner can't wait to read the next book in series. Characters you will instantly like. I would recommend you read this book!!