- Paperback: 142 pages
- Publisher: cfz (27 Jun. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1905723938
- ISBN-13: 978-1905723935
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 0.8 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,248,580 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
SEA SERPENT CARCASSES: Scotland - from The Stronsa Monster to Loch Ness Paperback – 27 Jun 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
It is true to say Scotland has wonderful beaches with miles of golden sand; often you will have the beach all to yourself, but before you think this is a travel book I should add that sometimes you’re sharing the beach not with a bus load of sunbathers but with a stranded sea serpent. Now you might think the chances of that happening are next to impossible, but as this book aims to prove it’s not as rare as you might think.
Of course it’s best to come clean at the beginning; not all of these supposed sea serpents are such. There are many large dead creatures that have washed ashore and also occasionally parts of large dead things too. There is of course a name for the latter; the term for one of these large unidentified lumps is a globster, and Scotland has had a few of these over the years.
In this book we will be looking not just at those creatures that have come ashore from the sea but also at the ones that have been found floating dead in the water around the coast, as well as having a look at the supposed remains of lake monsters. You may be surprised to learn just how many times a bit of Nessie has been found.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Mythology > Folklore
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Occult > Unexplained Mysteries
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Amphibians
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Vertebrates > Fish
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Aquatic Creatures
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Reptiles & Amphibians
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Customs & Folklore > Folklore