Size: 8.5 UK|Colour: Grey - Grau (Shrew/Burro/Deep Red)|Change
Price:£94.99 - £130.52

on 13 October 2015
I bought a pair of these boots before doing the Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge a few months ago. After trying a few different boot brands in local outdoor stores I eventually settled for the Salomon Conquests.

Pros:

-I like the design. The boots are cleverly designed, are good quality and well put together.
-They are light. I didn't know how important the weight of a walking boot was until I climbed Mount Fuji wearing some Karrimor boots that were very heavy.
-Good grip. I read a lot of reviews that had conflicting views about the grips on these boots. So to clarify, they are grippy on tarmac, pavement, grass, foliage, mud, sand, pebbled ground, loose stones and rock. I have not tried them on ice, snow or wet rock, yet i'd be confident that they would be good on those surfaces.
-Comfort. This is where this boot really shines. They did take some breaking in, but now they are so comfortable. I'd choose them over my running shoes or skate shoes if it was about being comfortable. The footbed is good and the boot has good flexibility where its needed. (Some boots I tried on were so stiff I couldn't flex anything with them on.)
-Support. You have a really good reinforced toe on the front of the boot that runs over the front of your toes. The grip actually runs onto the front to provide even more protection. They feel strong on both sides so there may be support on the sides too, and you get a really good heel support at the back. I have a lot of confidence in these boots.

Cons:

-The laces suck. They are a very stretchy plastic-feel round lace that has no grip. When I first got the boots, the laces would come undone in seconds with a single knot, and the only way they would feel secure on my feet is if I doubled knotted the laces really tightly, and even then they came undone after a few minutes of walking. I have since replaced them with flat boot laces and they are so much better.

Additional- I completed the Yorkshire 3 peaks without any trouble from these boots at all. I am afraid I have managed to keep them dry so far so havent tested their waterproof-ness? The reviews I read about these before buying all stated that the boots had no problem with water.
I would advise wearing thick socks with these boots, and i'd advise trying them on if possible before buying. I consider my feet to be a UK 9.5, but I actually got these in 10.5 and they were just right.
on 20 July 2015
Fast delivery, superb product. These boots are very comfortable and looks strong.
Still its soon to say durable but I love the boots design.
on 30 January 2016
Love these boots. Pretty lightweight, reasonably priced, and comfortable straight out of the box. I've taken them hiking in snows at home, and the heat in Vietnam and they have preformed well. Seem pretty durable so far, but I guess I'll only see how durable in the future, but so far no leaks. They are on the smallish side. I usually wear 10s in shoes and I bought 11's and they fit perfectly. The soles are pretty soft so even when running there is at least some cushioning compared to a more stiff boot.
on 8 November 2015
Nice boot..but and this is why only 3 stars..there bit narrow across the foot..if you have a slightly wide foot then these might be a bit tight my advice try some on first..other than that nice warm boot and comfy..would buy a pair again
on 17 December 2014
Fantastic build quality but I forgot to take into account that I would be wearing thick socks and they a a tad tight.

They should should loosen with were though and with normal sock they fit great and are very warm.
on 23 May 2016