The Russell Hobbs RHM2031 microwave has a sleek and professional design. As well as an appealing look, this appliance also includes impressive functionality, with 800 watts of microwave power and a 1000 watt grill providing quick and convenient cooking in your home.
The RHM2031 from Russell Hobbs is a 20 litre cavity capacity microwave, comfortably fitting a standard size of dinner plate. It comes with a removable and dishwasher safe glass turn-table for easy cleaning.
Pre-programmed auto cook menus, such as pizza (reheat), fish, and popcorn, allow you to cook all your favourite foods at the push of a button. What’s more, there’s automatic defrost settings meaning all you have to do is input the weight of the food, and the microwave selects the ideal defrost time, saving you time and effort. Moreover, combination setting and 5 microwave power levels enable tailoring of your cooking experience.
Additional features include a handy digital clock and count-down timer, and for added peace of mind, the RHM2031 comes with a child safety lock option, preventing young children from being able to open the microwave door.
The RHM2031 microwave has a sleek and professional design. As well as an appealing look, this appliance also includes impressive functionality, with 800 watts of microwave power and a 1000 watt grill providing quick and convenient cooking in your home.
Steamed Salmon, Baby Potatoes and Asparagus
Function: Microwave and Grill
2 salmon fillets
300g baby potatoes
1 tsp butter
2 slices lemon
1 tbsp. chopped dill
Salt and pepper
1. Place the potatoes in a microwavable container with the butter. Season and cover with cling film. Cook on full power for 4-5 minutes or until cooked. Keep covered.
2. Meanwhile, place the salmon in a microwavable container with the lemon and dill. Season and cover with cling film. As soon as the potatoes are cooked, cook the salmon on full power for 3 minutes. If necessary, extend the cooking time by up to 2 minutes, checking at regular intervals until the salmon is cooked through. Place the salmon under the grill for 2-3 minutes if you prefer a crisp grill finish.
3. Finally, wash and trim the asparagus, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, then serve with the salmon and potatoes.
2 small ciabatta loaves
300ml jar of tomato pasta sauce
150g grated cheddar cheese
Pizza toppings of your choice,
such as pepperoni and sliced
1. Preheat the grill function for 5 minutes using your microwave instruction manual as a guide.
2. Slice the ciabatta loaves in half to make 4 long slices.
3. Place the ciabatta on a baking tray and on a high grill rack. Lightly toast the bread for 2-3 minutes on each side.
4. Spread the ciabatta with a layer of tomato sauce and top with the grated cheddar cheese.
5. Add additional pizza toppings of your choice.
6. Place the pizzas back under the grill for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Enjoy!
Fuss-Free Poached Egg
1 medium egg
Pinch of salt
Recently boiled water
1. Using water from a recently boiled kettle, half fill a microwavable mug.
2. Add a pinch of salt and carefully crack the egg into the water.
3. Microwave on full power for 30 seconds.
4. Check the egg. If necessary, cook for a further 30-45 seconds, checking at 15 second intervals until poached to the desired consistency.
5. Drain and serve.
Why not try…
Serving with toasted English muffins, steamed spinach and Hollandaise sauce.
Perfect Jacket Potato
1 medium baking potato
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Thoroughly wash and dry the potato.
2. Using a fork pierce the potato skin in 4 or 5 places.
3. Rub the oil and sea salt into the potato. This helps to crisp up the skin for an oven-style jacket potato.
4. Place on a microwavable plate and cook on full power for 4 minutes.
5. Turn the potato and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, checking the progress at 1 minute intervals.*
6. Serve with your favourite filling.
*Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the potato
About your Russell Hobbs microwave
Microwave ovens do not generate any heat themselves but instead cause water molecules in food to vibrate. This vibration produces heat that cooks the food. This is why your food will come out of the microwave piping hot, when your utensils inside the microwave stay much cooler.
Microwaves cannot go through metal, so the inside of the appliance is lined with metal. The door is lined with a fine metal mesh which stops microwaves getting through.
When using the grill function, please allow 5 minutes to pre-heat the grill to the correct temperature before using.
Avoid using scouring pads, steel wool or other abrasives. Warm soapy water and a sponge should get rid of all moisture and food spillages.
How to get the best cooking results
With five microwave power levels to choose from, you can ensure all your food is cooked or re-heated to the optimum temperature.
This microwave has automatic defrost settings, all you have to do is input the weight of the food and the microwave selects the ideal defrost time.
Auto Cook Menus
The RHM2031 also features pre-programmed auto cook menus such as pizza, fish and popcorn, allowing you to cook all your favourite food at the push of a button.
The grill function on your microwave is ideal for those who enjoy crisp brown food. For example, you can use this microwave to melt cheese on nachos, browning the top of your lasagne and toasting garlic bread.
To avoid any microwave mishaps it is recommended to take extra care with the following:
Low moisture foods (eg. cereals, bagels, dried pasta, pulses and chocolate)
- These must be cooked on a low power level for a very short length of time, or preferably not at all.
High sugar content foods (eg. jams, syrups)
- These foods can become easily ‘super-heated’ when cooked in a microwave oven.
Foods containing alcohol
- Foods with an alcohol content must not be cooked in a microwave as they could ignite.
Foods with a membrane or outer skin (eg. fruits, sausages, potatoes)
- Food with a sealed or none porous skin must be pierced to allow pressure and steam to escape.
Bought 15 months ago. First one had to be replaced as soon as I received it because it was smoking and had a terrible chemical smell. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Kelly from Norfolk
This item broke after less than two months of low usage. The light goes on, the plate rotates, but no heat whatsoever. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Jim Gempton
Lovely piece of kit, the wife loves it and the grill part is an added bonus, (and a good price too).Published 20 days ago by Mr A.G. Thornton
this is a perfect replacement for my old microwave I was a bit unsure whether I needed a microwave with a grill but it's quite good and i am very pleased with this new addition to... Read morePublished 1 month ago by ian henderson