on 15 August 2014
A brilliant guide that motivates you to get off the couch and start running. The depth of topics that the author covers will seriously make your eyes open, as who knew something like running, an exercise which looked so simple can actually be quite complex, from making sure you have the right equipment i.e. getting your feet measured as to how they make contact with the ground to running shoes that fit your properly, strategies to maintain hydration during training, and how to train and gear yourself up to for a 5km or 10km race.

Also the author discusses the benefits of running that it makes the reader want to take up running just for the health benefits such as healthier skin, better bone density, and decrease the likelihood of developing old-age related disability problems. Additionally, the training plan towards the latter half of the book is excellent, as it's clearly laid out and easy to follow.
on 20 August 2014
I thought I might try running in an effort to tone-up, lose weight and to improve my general health. I'm in my mid forties and, to be honest, I thought I might be too old, but this book has given me the courage and motivation to give it a try.

I really like that the book is written exclusively for women, as we do have particular concerns when it comes to exercising; a good sports bra being one example!

I would definitely recommend this book to any lady who is new to running. It contains absolutely all the information you need to get started, and avoids technical jargon, which is great for the layman. All in all, an indispensable guide for women who wish to take up running; whatever their age, level of fitness, or prior knowledge of the sport.
on 24 April 2016
Plan is easy to follow and understand. Really clear and encouraging. Feel like this is something I can actually achieve. A good readable. The book goes through all the information and advice you could need in order to get motivated from the couch to a10k run.
on 4 October 2015
Easy to read, breaks down the jargon and has good basic training plans to get you started. Excellent for beginners
on 10 February 2016
Learnt a few new things but felt the book lacked something...expected it to motivate me more
on 22 April 2015
Just what I was looking for as a woman new to running