Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 29 October 2013
The third and final book in this trilogy, Run from Fear, jumps a couple of years on from Hide form Evil. This time we catch up with Talia and her sister Rosario, and of course sexy Jack. Since the take down of David Maxwell's empire, Talia has been able to live out in the open, although she doesn't broadcast who she is. She now works as a bar manager and her sister is at Stanford. Things are pretty good.

Unfortunately it all change for the worst as Talia stars to receive gifts from her past that bring a cold chill to her bones. It's a past she's tried hard to forget, but someone out there doesn't want her to. Although there are two threads to the suspense plot, as we find out their are two unconnected baddies, for one of them we really don't find out why they did the things they did, but we do get to know who both baddies are.

I can't say I loved this book as much as I did the previous two, it was addictive reading as always, but I thought it was the weakest instalment plot wise, and there were a couple of irritating characters, namely Rosario, who just acted too dumb for an 18 year old, and Talia's friend, Susie, who was too selfish for words. I did like both Talia and Jack as our hero and heroine though, and I believed in their relationship and budding romance. It did take a while for the romance aspect to get going, but I understand it had to be handled lightly due to Talia's past and what happened to her.

I enjoyed how protective Jack was of Talia and her sister and how much he wanted to keep them safe. I also liked how he kept his feelings for Talia in check because of her history. He is thoughtful, caring and just an all round nice guy. But he also has a quick temper, and although it's never aimed at the women in his life and never would be, any threat to them would be dealt with his fists and without remorse. Jack is a bad boy but with a soft center.

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see any of the characters from the previous books as it would have been nice to see how they were doing. The conclusion to this instalment was a little rushed with respect to the suspenseful plot and the romance. I would have liked it to be drawn out for a few more chapters at the end but there was a definitive conclusion, and it was pretty cute. 3 Stars.
VINE VOICEon 29 July 2012
as the previous books in this trilogy.

I was unsure about the character of Talia due to her character in the previous books, however once I overlooked her testifying against Sean she wasn't that bad a character.
The main thing that irritated me about her character was her ability to jump to conclusions and lump Jack into the same group as the bad guys from the previous books.

Now Jack I quite liked. Again I was unsure about his character as we hadn't really had that much in the other books from him but I found myself really liking him. Total alpha male, the only negative is that there wasn't anything different about him. You can find this type of alpha male character in loads of romantic suspense type books.

I didn't find the bad guy particularly bad, a geek with mother issues.

Overall this wasn't bad, I did enjoy reading it. However if I was to compare to the other 2 books then it was nowhere near as good as them but it is worth reading if you have enjoyed the trilogy so far.

Read and reviewed courtesy of Netgalley
on 28 October 2014
Formulaic and a little leaden in places. I quite liked the characters but the whole thing lacked flow. It rather feels like it needs another edit.
on 7 December 2014