- 300 signed copies of Ruby Blue will be randomly allocated to customers buying from Amazon.co.uk.
- Read Moloko songstress Roisin Murphy's Amazon.co.uk guest edit.
|1. Leaving The City|
|2. Sinking Feeling|
|3. Night of the dancing Flame|
|4. Through Time|
|5. Sow into You|
|6. Dear Diary|
|7. If We’re in Love|
|8. Ramalama (Bang Bang)|
|9. Ruby Blue|
|10. Off on it|
|11. Prelude To Love in The Making|
|12. The Closing of the doors|
Here's a brief(ish) run through of the tracks:
1) Leaving the City------odd opening track. electronic and seems almost techno at first, but grows as you listen. not a personal favourite but is very interesting live.
2) Sinking the Feeling----great track. Mixes a hip hop thud with jazzy keys, great horns and haunting voals. Sexy stuff.
3) Night of the Dancing Flame-----Wow! hard to describe...A kind of uptempo American Depression-Era jazz track, with carribean beats. Think Bugsy Malone on Weed, or something! instantly catchy and dancey and is a definite live highlight, she dons a big cape and the horns have an extended solo. I challenge you not to love this song.
4) Throught Time-----begins eery and bizarre, but slowly melts into a wonderfully soulful and jazzy chill-out track. Ideal for dinner parties, should be listened to in the dark or after a heavy night out.
5) Sow into you----quite Moloko, for the fans out there. lovely and discoey, nice electro-shuffle, sing-along-able. Will hit you at first as being an album highlight but over time, you will probably appreciate other tracks more.Still, this is the sort of pop track others would kill for.Read more ›
I loved Moloko, but this tops even their best work. Ms Murphy's voice is as beautiful as ever. Read more