Royal Mail Recorded Delivery real letdown!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jan 2011 14:46:18 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Jan 2011 14:48:44 GMT
Natasha S says:
I ordered a DVD from Amazon and then discovered that it has to be sent by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.

OK that is not a problem cause they are sending the parcel to arrive the next day.

But now 48 hours later i have not received the small parcel and Amazon are saying i have to wait a week before contacting them again.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2011 16:34:25 GMT
R. Foster says:
Recorded Delivery is not guaranteed to arrive the next day. That would require Special Delivery. Recorded Delivery is generally no faster than First or Second Class, it just requires a signature on delivery.

Posted on 28 Jul 2012 11:28:22 BDT
MSL73 says:
....So why does Amazon offer Guaranteed delivery the next day when the chance is that it wont be 'Guaranteed delivery the next day' if its being sent by Royal Mail?, I would rather pay a bit more to have it delivered by UPS,CityLink,DHL etc at least that way you know it wil be delivered as promised.

Posted on 3 Dec 2012 06:43:25 GMT
Hi,
I think the one day offer is amazon prime delivery you can try it for one month free - it is not available on all items but the vast majority, I would read the terms and conditions carefully first if you were going to try it, good luck with all your deliveries.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  9 Jan 2011
Latest post:  3 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sherlock - Series 1 [DVD]
Sherlock - Series 1 [DVD] by Benedict Cumberbatch (DVD - 2010)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (481)