- Platform: Windows XP / Vista
- PEGI Rating: Unknown
- Media: Accessory
Roxio Game Capture (PC)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Roxio PC Game Capture is an easy-to-use, complete way to capture, edit and share videos of your PC and online gameplay.
Virtual Reality Is Coming
2016 is the year of Virtual Reality. Find out everything you need to know at our Virtual Reality Store. Learn about Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR and the HTC Vive and sign-up to be notified when they will be released.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Roxio PC Game Capture
Easily capture and edit videos of your PC gameplay, and share them online
Roxio Game Capture includes everything you need to capture and edit videos of your PC gameplay, and share them online
Show off your skills by capturing your best moves
- Complete software solution that lets you capture real-time PC gameplay, personalize it with dynamic video effects and easily upload to the web for sharing
- Perfect for bragging rights, posting your own game reviews, or even creating your very own machinima
- Today’s gamers are increasingly social. Sharing accomplishments by capturing and sharing footage of gameplay makes it easier to connect with fellow gamers and achieve recognition and status for elite skills.
- Roxio PC Game Capture makes it quick, easy, and inexpensive for anyone to record, personalise, and post favourite game play footage.
- Say goodbye to other complicated and time-consuming capture solutions. There’s no need to scour message boards to figure out how to capture PC gameplay. And, when you capture gameplay using Roxio PC Game Capture, you can play in high resolution and capture in 3 different quality settings. So you don’t need to sacrifice your gaming experience just to capture your gameplay. Split audio into tracks, automatically identify and tag them, and add to your iTunes library.
- Post your finished productions to show high scores. Or publish your own game reviews. Roxio PC Game Capture makes it easy to share footage from your PC games directly to sites like WeGame, Facebook and YouTube™.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows® 7, Vista™ SP2, XP (SP3 for 32 bit & SP2 for 64 bit), Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 64 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM
- DirectX® 9.0c compatible graphics card or higher, sound card
- 2GB free hard drive space for installation. 10+ GB free recommended for video recording.
- Windows Media Player 11 or higher
- Internet explorer 7 or 8
- Internet connection required for capture, registration, product updates and tutorials. Any Internet charges are the user's responsibility
Supported Input Formats:
- Video: AVI, DV-AVI, MOV, WMV, DivX, MP4
- Audio: MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC
- Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF
Supported Outputs Formats:
- Video: AVI, DV-AVI, WMV, DivX, MP4
- Audio: MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC
- Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Unfortunately we soon found that this caused Minecraft to slow to a crawl and there was no way to record any kind of commentary/narration at the same time. So his plans for Minecraft videos went out of the window, sadly. It also flatly refused to record any footage of the video games he had programmed himself. No idea why?
Eventually we went looking for an alternative and found FRAPS which we found to be far superior. I would save yourself the hassle and google for that instead of buying this.
The WeGame client is actually quite good within some limitations. It runs a scan of your drive to compile a list of games you own (that it recognises) but you're not limited to only those games - just launch the WeGame client before starting any game and you should see a green square at the top-left corner of the game indicating WeGame can (try to) record its output. It can capture in three video framrates - NTSC, PAL or computer framerates (that's 29.97fps, 25fps or 30fps) and in three resolutions - web, half-screen or fullscreen. Note that the framerates gamers often quote as a measure of computer capability are irrelevant here, video captures and plays at fixed framerates regardless. I was able to get 720p resolution captures at 30fps which, on a 2-year-old non-gaming laptop, is quite impressive.
The VideoWave app was less impressive.Read more ›
Installation is easy enough. It claimed it was installing DirectX 9, which alarmed me as I already had Directx 11 installed. All was okay though, as by the end I still had Directx 11. I spent 20 minutes trawling Roxio Videowave, the Roxio website, and the installed files and folders for details, but failed to discover which version it was. Whatever it is, Roxio appears to have stopped using the product name some time ago. I assume it's an old version of their video editing software. It took 10 minutes to install on my quad-core Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 Professional.
Half of what you get is software that you can download for free. You can find it by Googling "wegame client". This also explains why, when you are using the software, you have to sign-up with the WeGame website and visit their online shop. That's also why, when you make a screenshot or video, you are offered the chance to upload it to WeGame. I have nothing against WeGame; they made the capture tool after all. It's just annoying to discover I could have got it for free.
It's not all free though; you also get Roxio VideoWave, which is a video editor. It isn't great, but is certainly adequate for cutting together simple videos, sounds, pictures and titles to make a finished video. It can output videos as DV, AVC (H.Read more ›
|Length: 1:19 Mins|
The installation for this software was actually one of the best I've had so far compared with any other software, normally after you've installed the program and are ready to get started you are encountered with an update status, this software however gets that sorted out before you even install, this combined with the smooth installation process left a good first impression on me.
Once installed, it's pretty much straight forward, you load up the software, click on the "Capture" tab, load up your game, then press 'F6'(Can be changed) when you want to start recording.
You will be able to tell if the screen capture program is running by looking at the top left corner, there should be a green square which indicates that the software is running and is ready to capture at your will by pressing the 'F6' button, the green square will disappear when recording, press 'F6' again to stop.
On the first few screen captures I had done, I received a mixed experience, at times everything would go smoothly and got fantastic results, on other times the screen recorder would totally freeze my computer, making me "Ctrl, Alt & Delete", this was very frustrating as it took time as well as corrupting the file it should of recorded.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This really is a nice bit of software it capures the on line games very well although we have found some that it didnt like such as Minecraft but all in all worth the price.Published on 27 Jan. 2013 by Michael Keeber
Well, lets start with a positive, you can capture game footage with this software.
But thats assuming you can get the thing to run with your games at an adequate frame... Read more
the software worked for little while and now every time i try to get it to work it asks for a Wegame account details but here's the kicker wegame isn't trading anymore so £30 down... Read morePublished on 2 Oct. 2012 by A Molesworth
Haven't really used this much. If you want a video capture tool then I'd look around and choose a better one.Published on 3 Jun. 2012 by Tim Roast
I've been using FRAPS for years and, although FRAPS does have it's issues I have to say that I find it a handy bit of kit. Read morePublished on 20 April 2012 by J. J. Sakura-Rose
This thing took truly ages to install with all manner of add-ons from MS being required. Then to add insult to injury it does not work. Read morePublished on 10 Dec. 2011 by D Deacon
This is a revolutionary product offering the impossible, capture and editing of existing computer games. Screens, video footage and audio all can be captured and edited. Read morePublished on 25 Nov. 2011 by badger
Unlike the hardware devices they have for capturing XBOX and PS3 gameplay, this hindered PC performance and monumentally killed enjoyment.Published on 22 Nov. 2011 by 420
Review ten year old boy
"Fantastically easy to use. It's amazing. Really easy to record good game play and play back. Read more