on 15 June 2008
I was wary of this purchase when it had no reviews and those of other Roxio DVD convert/copy/create products are consistently appalling (see the Easy Media Creator Suites and Easy CD/DVD Burning packages reviewed on Amazon), but I took a chance. I'll grant one star as it has managed to convert some home videos to a format I can load onto my iPod, although I've read there are various legitimate programmes that can be downloaded for free to do the same.

But I have now tried to burn a DVD from some of my home clips--nothing complicated, just various very short simple clips with no fancy features or editing, and every single time, it stalls at 9% of the 'creating DVD' job, no matter what (and renders the DVD unusable despite writing nothing to it so those are wasted). I've never once been able to past that and actually burn a DVD. When I press 'cancel', I get the 'cancelling, please wait' message for an hour 'til I (as always) close using Task Manager. I've found online and in other Roxio reviews that this problem is not unique to me.

My Vista laptop is new with two huge hard disks and loads of RAM, the system is not remotely stretched, nor is the problem with the video drivers, as the unhelpful Roxio 'support' page suggests it is. So if you are thinking of buying this, bear in mind you may well get a product that doesn't work, with no real support.
on 9 March 2009
I think DVD Copy & Convert 4 is very good but the reason I purchased it was to put "Legally" owned DVD Films on an iPod. Little did I know that most DVD Films now have copy protect on them so they can't be put onto the iPod. This is copy protection gone mad, why can't we put our legally owned films onto an iPod, we pay good money to purchase these films to keep all the cast and crew in their multi million pound life styles but they still like to control the way we watch the films. DVD Copy & Convert 4 is good but I am very disappointed I can't put my films onto my iPod. So people be aware, when you purchase DVD Copy & Convert 4, it will only put your Home Videos onto an iPod, not films with Copy Protection on them.
on 16 April 2009
I agree with Darran Coles and bought it for the same reason he did. To put bought dvd's onto my ipod. So if you are looking for a software to do this then do not buy this. You will be very dissappointed, like i was when i purchased this product without reading it's reviews.
on 25 October 2009
this rubbish doesnt even work on dvds coz they all have copyright on them these days. But i have written to inform people that it is possible to rip and convert copyright dvds.First, on google, search dvd decrypter and go to the site and download it.then, search videora ipod converter andownload that 2. open videora and select your ipod.read the help manual that tells u how 2 use dvd decrypter and how 2 convert it on videora. GOOD LUCK 1
on 7 November 2010
Not happy. Loaded disc ok but not all of the features seem to work. Should have listened to the reviews whisch were correct. Not a good product.
on 12 January 2009
HELLO FELLOWS
NICE WORK, IT MAKES ALL BUT IT SHOULD BE A BIT FASTER, I HAVE AN 2.8 G Hertz PENTIUM SO IT TAKES AN HOUR FOR AN HOUR CONVERTING.HAVE YOU ANY FASTER PRODUCT ???? PLEASE SEND ME A NOTE
THANKS IN ADVANCE