on 10 December 2001
While walking round Tokyo, I found this book invaluable. It has maps that are acutally useful compared to other guidebooks I've come across. It also explains a lot of culture and history that us westerners might not be familiar with. Another useful thing is the guide to festivals, so you can quickly find out if there's anything going on on a particular date.
One thing it misses out on is a map of the local trains (the subway won't take you 'everywhere' you need to go) but you can get a free map while there.
on 18 December 2003
I was only in Tokyo for a few days and this guide helped a lot. Good advice on where to go and how to get around, useful phrases, the lot. Recommended.
on 9 September 2003
I bought this thinking that it is a more in-depth guide of Tokyo. But it is simply a cut down version of the Tokyo section of Rough guide to Japan. I immediately returned it because I'd already bought the latter. For the price, I would at least expect something more original.
11 comment16 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 April 2013
Can't give more stars as no-one has actually used this Guide. It was to be a Christmas present for my daughter for her up-coming trip to Japan but unknown to me she bought one herself. She rates the Rough Guides highly, though. Product arrived well packaged and speedily. No problems returning this item & receiving full refund, so full marks to seller.
0Comment0 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse