on 5 December 2009
A well set out and well written (in plain English) guide. As I am a new Mac user it is invaluable in answering my queries without me having to ring the help/support line.
on 26 November 2010
This is just the job for a PC nurd (or is that nerd ?) that cannot make the connection between how MAC OSX is setup in relation to the everyday PC/Windows world you use at work.

Only part way through reading it but I find the layout and use of pastel colour; clear mainstream with addtional tip boxes, makes this easy to understand and not at all technical or boring.
Answers to my queries flow off each page.
As well it is really upto date showing pictures of my MAC(s).

The photo of the book makes it look physically bigger than it is.
Great, this book can be carried around and is not as big and heavy as some of the others you can buy.

I think this book is the first book to read before you want to get into the heavy stuff.
on 6 December 2010
The book is concise - which is both a strength and a weakness. Some mac guides are tomes and quite daunting in terms of sheer quantity of material - pages to wade through. This book is certainly not in that category. But there are times when there was not quite enough as much information as I had hoped for. So as long as the potential buyer is clear that this is a brief guide which may need to be supplemented with a more detailed one for particular topics, all should be well.
on 27 March 2011
As a first time imac user I did not find this book a lot of help. It was difficult to find your answers if you didn't know any Apple terminology. Also many topics were not covered
on 6 August 2013
This book is easy to read and extremely informative. It provides all the necessary basic knowledge and guidance to ensure confidence in using Mac OSX. Highly recommended!