Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 July 2015
So much could be written here.
The book and brand are excellent, as always. You could easily think that there isn't much difference between this and Lonely Planet, which is arguably true. However, I looked for the most recently published version of a bumper Cuba travel guide - which happened to be this one.

I saw first-hand other travellers struggle with the style and writing of this version, mainly because english wasn't their first language. Something that the author seemingly fails to consider throughout the whole book. I certainly scratched my head on occasions when thinking what certain words meant and I'm supposed to know. Not ideal when you are skimming for information at speed, in the heat, while being dragged from one location to the next.

However, the bottom line is that this travel guide remains a good source of overview information for anyone travelling to Cuba. Some info and prices are outdated, but I imagine these will be updated in subsequent releases. There are also nice feature sections that focus in on area, thought or travel tip.
on 23 November 2014
Helpful, but possibly not comprehensively checked before republishing. Some attractions/accommodation have been closed since well before the publication date.
on 23 January 2015
when I ordered a "rough" guide to Cuba i expected a thin book, the kind you can take with you and easily read in a street when getting around, rough look into the book and on my way again, this one is more the kind you read before leaving, however this stays one of the most complete guides ive bought and is really interesting
on 10 November 2014
Brilliant book, good maps, good recommendations and covers all the interesting bits both in Havana and in other parts of the country. We only had 10 days there and obviously didn't touch half the book but if you plan to travel a bit more I imagine it'd cover everything you need. Well written and fairly easy to navigate.
on 24 April 2015
Excellent yet again from Rough guides. Booked our accommodation with the emails given in the book with no problems. Great mix of advice, context and practical information.
on 16 November 2013
I have always appreciated Rough Guides and this one is no exception.

I pre-ordered this through Amazon direct and was very impressed by the speed and quality of delivery (as always).

Rough Guides are the best when it comes to background and local history and culture. The Guide to Cuba proves this point for the enth time and I am delighted as I will be visiting the country in January.

Hats off to the editor and the excellent authors.
on 1 August 2014
all info needed not too much touristy bumble
on 7 July 2014
Good and informative
Maps were helpful
It would be great if it had more pictures so you have a visual when describing places
on 9 September 2014
I am preparing for my visit to Cuba in November, the book has provided me with much needed information to enable me to plan the trip
on 21 July 2015
Information looks great. Can't wait to use it in situ.

But I feel dirty for having bought it through capitalist oppressors and tax cheats Amazon, the likes of who Cuban revolutionaries fought to overturn.