on 22 January 2013
This app works perfectly on the Kindle Fire HD. Assuming you already have an account with Rosetta Stone, you can just log on and have access to your choosen language course. Since my lesson history is stored in the Cloud, whatever progress I make on the Kindle is synchronized with my other devices.
on 11 January 2015
Fantastic language tutorial works better with Mic capabilities. Well organised lesson plans though eventually the cost can be quite pricey after the initial trial. All and all, highly recommended.
on 28 June 2015
This is an introductory lesson only.
Dutch was the language lesson I chose. Although it is lesson one, it is extremely basic and some of the examples I found quite confusing.

Additionally, I did not like the Dutch pronunciation when the end of certain words is left silent.
Although Dutch is spoken like this in certain areas of the Netherlands, this is not helpful for a learner.
Also, no translation is given and you have to learn by the visual imagery of the photos.

There are, in fact , better introductory apps out there which do not confuse.
on 15 April 2014
I haven't spoken much French in many years. This course made it so easy to brush up on my skills. Even easier than school, I want to learn more. You will not regret it.
on 9 August 2015
I am trying to learn Japanese but when I found this app It just didn't make any sense on how to use it because it doesn't actually tell you what the English word is and just has pictures and sometimes you just can't guess what it would be...

I'm just not sure this is the app for me...
I'm pretty disappointed because of all the other great reviews and it seems I'm the only one.

Disappointed because it did look pretty helpful :(
on 17 April 2016
Love Rosetta stone the only addition I would like is a dictionary. If hyou highlight a word it translates it? Would be a cool feature.
on 9 May 2015
Beware! Amazon has no provision for in app purchase of units beyond the free trial version. If you purchase more units from Google Play using another device, you will NOT be able to access them on your Kindle - the Kindle account will not recognize your Rosetta Stone account.

This is an on going problem with many apps from the Amazon App Store.
on 25 February 2014
This is a very good app if you want to try before you buy. With a huge range of languages to choose from, its excellent
on 11 February 2015
This is a great app, learning Japanese and I bought the whole course for my computer and then found it for my kindle. It's great the it syncs up with my computer so I don't lose my progress. Only problem is that I'm trying to find out how to access the locked lessons on my kindle without any success. Any one know where I can purchase the rest?
on 21 October 2015
The speed and quality of the app is excellent.
It does require an internet connection which is a shame as being able to downloada couple of lessons for use while I'm away would be ideal.

I do find that if I complete a lesson on the pc then the progress may not be reflected on the app, which can be frustrating