Platform: PC|Edition: Japanese|Change

on 8 March 2014
i was wanting to leave a review on your website but i was unable so here it is. At first when i started rossetta stone i thought it was awesome, i was learning new vocabulary and quickly. however i soon found this was where the usefulness of rossetta stone stopped. I found i couldn't apply my learning. i could memorise sentences but not change them. i went to japan, and despite 3months of hard study, i was useless. i then spent out to get a japanese tutor. my japanese teacher is now trying to undo the poor grammar i learnt from your course, shocked at the irregularities we have learnt. she has retaught me the verbs which were not taught in their correct forms, taught me to change them, to construct sentences. if you want to learn japanese use 'japanese for busy people' instead, far cheaper and teaches you to use your language. in 3 months i have learnt far more than rosseta stone. it seems this is not limited to japanese either. my friend was learning german from you, same problems, she is now trying to undo all the incorrect things you taught. there is a reason children need to learn sentence construction at school, grammar is hard, in any language, you need to adapt your programme to teach grammar more thoroughly, otherwise all the vocab in the world we learn with you is pointless, we've lost loads of money and we end up being incompetent. thanks.
on 26 May 2016
I ordered this course elsewhere and as I discovered this in my "recommended" feed I decided to write an honest review.
The long term learning is terrible for the price. You will learn words sure but not how to change them appropriately for every day use. I've been to Japan countless times with my partner and oh boy she had to do all the translating for me. In the end she tried this course out and was pointing out so many things wrong with it! (She's actually a private Japanese tutor who has lived in Japan for 11 years so I trust her input) ever since I've been using different methods and with support from my loving partner I now have gotten over the bad Habbits within this course. I didn't even want to sell it I was embarrassed and didn't want anyone else to be mislead into learning this wrong. I'm glad I bought it elsewhere for £110 and not the price displayed here.
on 23 September 2013
I am currently only on part two of level one and lots more to go through but have really enjoyed it so far and keep going back levels so as to let it sink in, although Rosetta Stone does skip back from time to time to refresh your memory.

It's very easy to use and I feel confident that when I finish it, then I will be a good speaker