Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

I had reservations about this series, after finishing the excellent Morgan Kingsley Exorcist tales, but book 1 was an excellent - if a bit brutal and shocking - surprise, and book 2 added to that. I think with this book, I expected the same pace and more development in the series, and whilst certainly there is a lot of the latter, it's not until the last two chapters.

This was, I'm sorry to say, a pick-up-and-put-down tale, and it took me days of bath-time reading to finish it, but it turned out to be a good tale. I can't tell you much, or it will spoil it, but the tiger on the front cover is very relevant/emotions - love, hate, anger, fear and betrayal - abound in this, and there's a hint of a romance for Nikki, though at the end of the tale, the author introduces a twist/there is danger, there are deaths and re-births, deaths without rebirths, betrayals and double-crossing/certain characters who I thought I'd sussed surprised me, and of course, there was a (should, and could, have been more epic) battle at the end. Of course, too, the tale finishes with the reader wondering what else could happen next, as two main-ish/highly relevant characters meet their end in this tale, one of them having being framed...

This wasn't as polished a read as the first two books, and the author, whilst still writing from Nikki's POV in the first person, got muddled with her verb tenses a few times, distracting me from the actual tale. Her editor should definitely have picked up on these, as there really wasn't a need for them, though I think the author was trying to go for emphasis with the changes.

Overall, a decent enough read, with lots happening...slowly...but it could and should have been so much more...everything...after all these are the Children of the Greek Gods.
on 13 July 2013
I really love this series in the sense that I like the main love interest and really want to know whats going to happen next.

The only frustrating thing is, is that it takes the whole book for two interactions (meaning base conversations between the main character and the love interest to take place (i.e. at the end of the book) and that just irks me. Shouldn't there be multiple interactions. I don't know but it gets to me, but I do really like the series.

T