Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 November 2013
this Classic Edition of Roget's Original Thesaurus I found completely useless. Words are not listed alphabetically, I am at a loss to understand how anyone can use it. I have since bought a Collins thesaurus from W.H. Smiths which works well.
Berwick Coates's Perfect Christmas Present was bought for my wife and as it is 24th November today, we are unable to say how brilliant this man's poetry is. However, I am dismayed at being charged £7.99 by Amazon for a book with an RRP of £4.99. Anyone else having difficulty finding their customer services no., it's 0800 496 1081
on 4 January 2014
Book clearly incomplete, No contents page or index pages missing, references to pages not there, totally incomprehensible, therefore cannot be used, Worst book I have ever bought!! does not deserve even a star
on 14 March 2014
there is no index it is not Roget's Thesaurus in that i have no idea how you could possibly use it except to start reading from page one. I want to buy one with an index how do i know that the next one I order has both parts of the book not just one. I will now go through the hassle of returning both copies to Amazon.
on 15 December 2013
I have rated this as a one star only because I can't give it zero stars. This must surely border on a case to be prosecuted under Trades Description Act. I am well used to using Collins Thesaurus, the 5 star rating here describes how this edition is of use, as it is, but so is any other thesaurus....in this edition it is extremely difficult to find anything.......Buy Collins to avoid disappointment.
on 19 January 2014
this is good book, but my daughter needed one with index in it, which this one unfortunately does not have.
on 2 December 2015
Absolutely unusable. How on earth are you supposed to find your way around this. There is no reference guide and it is quite impossible to locate which synonym you are looking for. It needs an index otherwise it is useless as a reference work. I have wasted my money. and am very angry. Why should Amazon compel me to give this one star. This should be changed.
on 2 October 2013
In my opinion this is being dishonestly sold as it is certainly not the original classic edition because it lacks an index and is therefore not fit for purpose to be used as a thesaurus. It looks as if it has been printed off from a web-based product. I was extremely annoyed and returned it for a refund immediately.
on 18 January 2014
I was very disappointed. I wanted to have a Dictionary of word solving which I thought this publication was. I have since discovered the details of the publication I was wanting. It is Roget's Dictionary of English words and Phrases ISBN 0-14-051399-X. Is it possible to exchange?
on 3 March 2014
Difficult to find the required words because it is all set out in categories making it too tedious to bother with. Needed something with an index, so you could go straight to the word wanted and then look up the alternative words.
on 21 May 2013
Given this as a gift and I am very pleased with it. I believe some of the reviewers here are missing the point with reference to finding what they are looking for. It is elegantly set out in classifications and is both easy and a pleasure to use. If, for example, as a writer you are looking for a word or short phrase to express anger; sometimes it is not enough to look up anger in an index and find a few synonyms to use. Here you will look under the classification: Emotions, and follow through to the section you require, and in doing so discover a wealth of words and phrases,ideas and inspiration.