Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 June 2011
A superb description of this complete and amazing tennis player's life and achievements up to - in my copy - late 2007. I don't know if the paperback continues further. This is a must have book for any tennis fan, and especially for Federer fans. So much background on his matches too, details you may have never known before.

Swiss journalist Stauffer had unprecedented access to Federer, it seems, and the detail is fascinating yet never in any way intrusive, thank goodness.
on 7 May 2012
Anyone who plays tennis has heard, seen and most probably admires Roger Feder. So much has been written about him, this book will take you back to his childhood and through to becoming the male player with the greatest number of Grand Slam victories. Roger makes playing look simple, read this book to find out how hard he trains to seek perfection. How he sometimes loses and copes with disappointment. The author has a close association with his subject and his family giving the reader an in depth insight into how it is at the highest level. If you are a fan of Roger Federer this is a must read, enjoy.
on 15 July 2015
I found this book totally fascinating. As a "Fedaholic" I know a lot about him from the time he "became Roger Federer" but there was so much in this book I didn't know. The details of his early years and all the injuries he actually had (he is always called "injury free") which were not publicised was an eye opener. Also as a genuine tennis fan I found the statics interesting not boring. I am not a great reader but this was given to me as a present and I found it difficult to put down. Unfortunately, it stops at 2009. Frustrating.
on 1 September 2014
If you enjoy reading a catalogue of statistics, then this is the book for you. The first 200 pages lists all of Roger's greatest wins and losses, with all the final scores, which became very tedious after a while. I've just started Part 2, which is the last 50 pages and more about the man. Roger has always been a big hero of mine, a world class champion. Sadly, this account of his career is nowhere near world class.
on 27 January 2014
This was bought as a present for my partner who loves tennis & Federer. He enjoyed the book, reading it from cover to cover in a matter of days. Nothing revelatory in there but a nice insight into the brilliant man.
on 3 April 2016
This was a Mothers' Day gift to my mum who is a Federer fanatic. She loved it! It was one of the few books she read from start to finish in a matter of days....she couldn't put it down.
on 6 April 2013
The book arrived promptly and was posted t hrough the letter box. It was a present which mum loved - hard to find if you don't have the internet.

Thanks.
on 17 May 2013
The book is exactly what I thought it would be, very well written and informative, was a gift as well
on 5 December 2015
Book is great but there was a problem with delivery which resulted in my having to re-order.
on 2 August 2015
Excellent biography of an outstanding tennis player.