on 18 June 2013
Never played anything like this before so thought I'd give it a try. Make sure you read the instructions first, I did not and after about half an hour of trying and failing to catch a fish, I read them and discovered I was doing it all wrong. Once I got the hang of it I became quite good at it, although my arms ached after all the 'casting' and I nearly accidentally launched my kindle across the room with the enthusiasm!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 22 April 2013
I'm not a fisherman nor have I tried this type of game before and to be honest I wasn't expecting much.
Well an hour later and I'm still playing. It's great fun and thrilling to catch the fish.
Controls are a combination of swiping the screen to reel. "Throwing" the phone to cast. And tilting phone back and forth to fight the fish in.
Graphics are quite decent and the sound effects quite authentic.
Some negatives - vibration or haptic feedback isn't a feature on all devices without it the game is still playable just doesn't feel the same tho which takes away some of the satisfaction. When reeling in your catch some players will find it so easy to knock on the back or home key of their phone wich will be frustrating but a little practice can illuminate this flaw. And the nigh fishing river fishing etc ate sold as separate packs which is pretty mean. Would rather pay slightly more to have all the packs than pay out each time.
All considered and yes here comes the obvious pun. It's got me hooked. Just enough of a mission and slight strategy to keep the player interested. Would give 4 stars if it wasn't for the negatives I've mentioned.
Surprisingly enjoyable.
on 22 April 2013
There is no compass or vibrate available on the Kindle and it affects the gameplay. I could see this being a time waster on a phone, but throwing the Kindle around doesn't really work for me.
VINE VOICEon 22 June 2013
I don't like the idea of game fishing or computer games, so only downloaded this out of curiosity. However I found it quite entertaining and very easy to learn. The graphics are good enough to make you feel that you have useful control and there is a sense of reward for practice, which is strangely satisfying. A good way of spending 10 minutes.
on 25 June 2013
This fishing game is quite simple and fun, however it is much better to play on a phone as it can get quite dangerous on a tablet; especially for your nose.
on 16 May 2013
Love this game it's great fun. You can have fishing competitions with your mates whilst sitting on your sofa. Great if you suffer from sea sickness.
on 22 April 2013
I just ran through the tutorial and then tried the game out for a short time. I found it great fun to play - I was so excited when I caught some fish! Playing on the kindle fire HD and was disappointing that I could not get the vibration to work. I thought the kindle did support vibration in game apps - maybe someone may be able to help me about this. I am not quick at learning games but was able to quickly enjoy playing this one!
on 3 July 2013
it just a waster of time it a money making one with 2 many adds take time to download game
on 17 May 2013
if you like this sort of thing then may be for you ok, free app so tried it deleted it.
on 3 May 2013
i enjoyed this game, but i got abit bored after a while but that is just me.. it is a great game to pass the time.