Format: DVD|Change

on 25 February 2002
I got this DVD as it was a good price and I liked the Robocop films. I had read some negative reviews on the USA sites, but decided to give it a chance. The film was actually good. The acting was better than Robocop 3, although poor Alex Murphy hasn't aged well, loosing about a foot in height and becoming a totally different actor with a totally different past life and partner. I enjoyed this movie though it had many of the elements that the first film did. Give it a try
on 3 March 2002
I bought this film on DVD along with the follow up "MeltDown" thinking that someone had given good old Robo another shot for the screen. I did hear a lot about it saying that it went back to the original that is, violence but for a reason.
This film however is SO pathetic. I mean really bad. The acting is so poor and why does Robocop look like one of the seven dwarfs in the Tin Man suit. Everything is bad with this film - the acting as already mentioned, costumes, sound effects, special effects, musical score and direction.
If you miss seeing Robocop in action purchase the Robocop Box Set on DVD instead and NOT this. If you already have well the original IS THE Robocop and one that can be watched over and over again.