I work outside daily, stonewalling, brickwork etc & having tested to destruction many portable radios over the years I can honestly say this is the best little radio I have ever had.
First off ignore the daft little light? the strange personal alarm button? & the winder (it works but not for long & only if you are desperate ie working in the hills with no batteries) just pop in 2 good quality AA batteries & they seem to last for ever,
This little radio has been left out in all weathers, fallen of walls, vans & scaffold, dropped in a bucket of water (honest), lost its battery cover, lost its tuning knob, lost its volume knob (both broke off in various falls) & generally abused over the last few years but its still going strong & I have tried replacing it with various modern radios but keep going back to this one bacause of the battery life & the clarity of the speaker.
I now have gaffer tape over the batteries & tune it with the end of a nail, adjust the volume by putting a cloth over the speaker & switch it of by switching it from battery to dynamo,
I have tried DAB but battery life is to short & other small portables but I cant find anything as good as this,
its a bit expensive to start with but if you look after it a bit better than mine it should last forever!