The despatch of the device was fantastic, I ordered it on the 10th and it arrived on the 13th. I had only requested 3-5 days delivery.
Upon receipt the PVR was securecly packaged and clearly a brand new item. however this is apparently a Spanish product (or manufactured for Spain). A 2 pin adaptor was received with the item to convert to a UK 3pin plug, no real problem. The instruction manual is VERY simple but should allow most people to get started.
Out of the box and I switched the device on (wrongly). The TDT9500 switched itself on so I was actually turning it off before turning it on correctly "D'Oh". Initial out of box set up requires " ----" to be displayed. The counter progresses to 0001, 0002 etc representing a clock / counter. To allow you to configure the device you needed the PIN number, this is not apparent in the manual, however 0000 allowed me to proceed. Channels were searched for and stored automatically.
After the initial set up delay, the TDT9500 is simple and easy to use. as already described you should estimate 1Gb per hour approx. The output MPG file was played both on my Sumvision Cyclone Media Player and on my XP laptop with Media Player.
- Its not possible to alter quality settings (approx 1Gb per hour)
- The EPG when viewing actually changes the channels as you browse, this can be distracting and in poor signal areas the device freezes when a low signal channel is selected.
- Have not found all Freeview channels. Other devices locate Film 4 but not the TDT99500. Have tried various cables and locations so looking to upgrade the antenna next.
- The TDT9500 literature suggests that MP4 files are playable on the device, Ive not been able to play my files. Great with AVI and MPG so far.
- SCART connection only (or Composite with SCART adaptor)
Reasonably priced, simple, no buzzing hard drive, highly recommended.