1,197
Size: 200ml|Change

on 25 March 2008
This stuff is great. My wife and I use it on ourselves and our four children and none have us have burnt in the last three years of summer holidays. It is great to be able to relax and not have to worry about the kids burning when they come out of the pool or are playing on the beach as it does not rub off like sun creams do.
We all apply it in the morning after washing helping each other with the can't reach areas, wait 15 minutes for it to soak in and then get dressed, then you can forget about it and not worry about burning.
It is a bit more expensive than other sun creams but if you try this product, as my wife and I were first advised to do by a barman in Lanzerote, you will use it all the time.
It is sold the perfume shops of most resorts and sometimes you can get it cheaper there.
I strongly advise anyone with kids or burns easily to buy some of this and use it on your next holiday or day out in the sun.
0Comment| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2012
I remember seeing this product in the brochures on planes years ago, that was the only place you could get it then. As it was quite expensive I never bothered. However, my sister who has very fair skin started using it in Lanzarote after seeing several little blonde children not seeming to be wearing protection. When she queried this she was told they were using P20 and she has used it ever since and has been able to get a good tan for the first time. I tan much more easily but gave it a try this year when I spent two weeks in Ibiza at the end of September.

I love this product! Once you have it on and have waited the 15 minutes, that's it. You don't have to bother for the rest of the day. Also you don't perspire or feel sticky. I took a 20 and a 10 with me and at first I thought I wasn't getting a tan, it just seemed so easy. No red bits, no sore bits. By the time I came back I had a really nice colour but the strange thing is, it seemed to deepen as time went on, not fade. Even now, having been back about ten weeks I still have some colour, and I didn't need to use an aftersun or moisturiser, and my skin feels lovely and soft.

People say it is expensive but the two bottles lasted me for two weeks because of only applying once a day. Normally I would take six or seven bottles with me, so if anything I think it works out cheaper.

I cannot praise this product highly enough and will never use anything else.
on 12 May 2008
I was introduced to this whilst skiing in France, my nickname for the holiday was 'The Great White'. I'm so white I've even been called Casper the friendly ghost. Put this on and I came back tanned for the first time so was called a fraud! I'm so affected by the sun I normally catch fire, lobster pink or pure white no in between. I'm very fair skinned. I hate suncream I feel horrible and uncomfortable when using it, but this is different - its a searum - like oil, is easy to rub in and I tan and only need to apply once a day and can swim without reapplying, perfect for me. It would get 10 but it's expensive - perfection in this case comes at a price! Buy some you'll never use anything else.
on 22 August 2012
I bought this product essentially for an upcoming holiday in Greece and as I am follicly challenged I always get burned on my head. I also have very sensitive skin around my face and I cannot use highly perfumed sun screens. I was looking for something to meet my overall needs and just by chance came across Riemann whilst browsing in Boots the chemist. I ordered from Amazon when I got home as it was on offer. I have been involved in the Olympics over the past couple weeks and on one of the rare scorching days I had to stand in the full glare of the sun so I applied the Riemann to all my exposed skin including my face and scalp before I started my stint. I wore no hat and during the day I had very little shade and after applying the Riemann only once at the start of the morning I stood outside all day without burning at all, especially on my head and nose the two prone areas. What a brilliant product and it did just what it says on the packet. I am looking forward to my holiday now with no fears of burning or coming out in blotches on my face. I thoroughly recommend Riemann and shall now always use it.
on 9 July 2016
This, as a sun screen has a good reputation and as best as I can tell, it works from that point of view. The failings come hand in hand with it's use. It takes SUCH a long L O N G time to dry. No protection until dry and material stains badly. The only way to prevent stains would be to sit naked, on a wooden chair, not move and then after 40 minutes or so, wash the chair down. I didn't have the patience for it. Turkey, around 38 degree average, but my wife persisted with the results being stains on bed sheets, towels and clothing. That said, the protection did, in the main work even with being in / out of the sea and pool through the day. Too many negatives to want to ever use it again.
IF YOU FOUND THIS REVIEW HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK ON THE HELPFUL REVIEW BUTTON
on 11 February 2009
Riemann P20 Once-a-Day Sunfilter SPF20 297470 200ml
As a red head who holidays in Spain, I have real problems with sunburn. With conventional suntan lotion, you put it on and it washes off in the sea or it needs re-applying after an hour or 2. So inevitably I have got sunburned a number of times.
So I was skeptical when a friend recommended Reimann lotion, but I was astonished to find it really works. I put it on in the morning and forget about it. In and out of the water, perspiring in the heat, no re-application for 6 hours and yet no burning and for the first time in my life I've got a tan. Brilliant!
The only reason why I have not given it 5 stars is that it hasn't got that wonderful fragrance that some other brands have.
on 4 November 2009
The application was good since it rubbed in easily and was not greasy or oily. Both myself and little girl spent most of the day in & out of the pool on the first day and did get a bit sun burnt. For little ones or for those that burn easily I would not recommend this product... stick with your 40+ creams. My wife had a severe puffiness of her eyes due to an irritation when she rubbed it near her eyes. There seems to be some alcohol or something that evaporates when rubbed in and will irritate the eyes if put near to them.
on 5 May 2009
Excellent product. I have red hair and no pigment in my skin but managed to come back from the Carribean without looking like a lobster!
on 23 June 2013
I have used P20 for the last 4 summer holidays and am always really pleased with it. I have fair skin which is prone to burning but this product gives me all day protection and the confidence not to worry. Yes it has a funny alcohol smell when it is applied but once dry that disappears, no other product offers the same protection. The only place your skin will burn is where it has not been applied.
delivery was very very slow however which was very disappointing.
on 30 November 2015
Cannot get better sunscreen than this if you do lots of sport.

Pros: 3 coats applied beforehand last me a 10hr ironman in 25c+ heat.
Doesnt run: so therefore didnt dry my contact lenses out like all other suncreens have done in the past.
1 coat LASTS - sweat doesnt shift it.
It works whilst swimming: I swim for a few hours each day if Im on a beach holiday. I can apply 1 coat, let it dry off properly then swim for up to 2 hours without worrying about sunburn (I have never burned whilst wearing this stuff - but its all about being sensible and using the right factor).

Cons:
It takes while to "setup" the coats and soak in and redo
If you wear white or dont clean it all off before bed, its quite a waxy yellow and your whites will get stained

Worth every penny from amazon (considering way below the extortionate RRP)