Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 July 2004
I have read Linda's first book the Tao of Equus, and now this one. I always call Linda, that wonderful women, who kindly and cleverly, wrote her 2 books in America just for me! If you have some kind of unknown or unexplainable, attachment with horses or your horse, (to me I call it spiritual but you may call it some thing else). Then I highly recommend that you read these books. But be aware they may change your life forever. I thought a lot of the things that Linda writes about but thought I was on my own, so best keep, that information to only very trusted friends (2). But now I tell everyone that shows the slightest interest. This book has some great ideas of ways to work though issues with yourself and or your horse. There isn't anything else out there like Linda's books, give it a go for the sake of your spirit and your horse. Enjoy!
on 21 April 2010
The follow up book to the Tao of the Horse. But will stand on its own too,I think. Expands upon some of the ideas/hypotheses in the first book, with practical examples of how things work. Which is, after all, what we are all after! I found this a very empowering book on many levels. It seems a great shame that it probably will not be read by non-horsey people, who will all miss out!
on 6 September 2014
A mind-blowing read that some (the rational thinkers!) will find difficult in parts. I loved this book, it made a good follow-on from the Tao of Equus. I've always loved horses and I've ridden some of my life and watched my pony-loving daughter encountering the horse world. Some horsey people are sensitive, perceptive and intelligent, just like horses, some are rather harsher and horses seem to be a vehicle for their egos, 'just animals' to be bossed around and discarded when they don't measure up. The way I saw some horses being treated made me very sad and I don't spend much time around them now. This book restored my faith in the better kind of human and in the possibilities of inter-species communication.
Linda Kohanov's writing is inspiring, I think she's doing great work in the world. I can't judge how 'true' her connections with horse ancestors are but her weaving of her own ancestral story with the work she does now is moving and does have a ring of truth for me. It feels like a return to an older, intuitive and more mythical way of being that is being lost in our increasingly pacy, electronically driven world. I couldn't put this book down, especially the last few chapters and I do highly recommend it. But it won't suit the cynical and negative - read it with an open mind and heart.
on 21 February 2011
The way this book is written makes it so difficult to put down once started. It opens your mind and heart to a different way entirely of viewing and working with the horses in your life, and for that alone it is worth buying.
on 25 July 2014
Didn't think it could get any better than 'The Tao of Equus' but this book builds and expands on the ideas presented and contains many extraordinary examples of Linda's continuing and deepening journey with horses and how they can help us to reconnect with our true selves. Truly groundbreaking and authentic, I found something to touch me deeply on nearly every page. I would highly recommend this book to horse lovers and anyone interested in self-development and the evolution of the human spirit alike.
on 16 September 2010
A very thought provoking book. It really made me want to explore more into the world of assisted equine learning. Very good indeed.
on 8 March 2013
I loved this book. It is a must for anyone interested in the horse/human relationship.
I find Linda's work so fascinating and the guidance on using emotions to gain information a revelation .
I shall refer to this book throughout my life.
on 1 June 2014
gave me a real understanding about horses and myself makes you look at your inner self in a brand new and more positive way I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for self awareness whether the like horses or not.
on 28 August 2014
a powerful book of self discovery through connecting with horses! a must for all animal lovers and people who are on a journey of truth through understanding their emotions!
on 31 July 2014
Book arrived 5 days later than promised and was in slightly worse condition than described. On the other hand: the price/quality relation is good, hence 4 stars