Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 August 2011
This is a really good book as a tour guide for some of the main sights in Istanbul. I was very happy with it as such, but if you want more info about for example partying etc, then you will need another book for that. However, this one is much better then LP regarding tour guiding, by far.
The biggest flaw is that it is missing a more detailed map and it was quite difficult to navigate in Suleymaniye and around the Bazaar with the map provided. There LP was doing a better job.
on 14 November 2014
Rick Steves' travel books are my go-to book when we are travelling to a new place. They really help to weed out the 'must see' places and help decide on tight timescales what would suit your taste. Really helpful, down to earth tips and advice. And this one did not disappoint. Excellent value. Love these!
on 21 November 2012
Once again, a great book from rick. This one is slightly different as it is authored by local guides from istanbul. However, it follows the same mold with clear precise descriptions and instructions, and everything you need to know and nothing that you dont.
on 22 March 2011
I've used multiple Rick Steves' books in my European travels. They never fail and while I see others in huge groups being ferried around by tour guides, I can walk freely, get the history and inside tidbits on my own time. I would highly recommend any of his books to travel with.
on 3 March 2011
I have been to Istanbul before, but I wish I had known of Rick Steves book then. There is so much detail and tips that I will not be using a guide this time.
on 17 July 2010
There seem to be very few tour guide style books on Istanbul. This one is very informative and complete!