Format: Map|Change

on 24 June 2013
As Greek islands go, Rhodes is fairly large - large enough for its own guidebook, but without the vast number of tourist attractions that would need a weightier tome.
This book provides a good overview of all the main tourist attractions across the island. Everything I had been able to find online was also included in the guidebook so I believe it is quite comprehensive. It is broken down into reasonably sensible sections by area. Mostly it details the main town in one area, then follows with other villages and places to go. There are a few suggested restaurants to suit different budgets, beaches etc. in all the main areas.
It also includes some details about the nearby islands, the usual practical information and phrase guides and a little guide to history and culture.
It is not overly in-depth, there is not a massive amount of historical information, but the level of detail is just right if you are looking for something to do, and in the days of the internet, it's easy to find further information online rather than relying solely on a guidebook. The insider tips, although at first appearing a little gimmicky, are actually quite interesting and good for drawing your attention to slightly less obvious things.
The included maps of Rhodes and Rhodes town were useful and at a reasonable level of detail. Map references are provided throughout the book. I would have liked a map of Lindos as well.

My only gripe is that there are some mistakes in the information provided. For example, the opening hours of the Lindos acropolis apparently always differ from year to year, but there was no mention of this in the guidebook and they were different from when they were published. The book suggests that there is absolutely no bathing at the seven springs, and yet the primary route to get the big spring is through a tunnel, where the only option is to walk through the water and paddle out into a spring.
on 13 October 2014
We took a while to chose a book for our first visit to Rhodes and we were not disappointed. Particularly useful are the maps, both fold out and in the book, highlighting places to " make a journey, make a detour or make a visit" especially when driving the island. We often found a place using these suggestions that we may have missed otherwise. It also helps you when planning a trip out at the beginning of the day....We found the descriptions interesting and, for those who wanted to find places to stay and eat, the recommendations included in the text may be useful though possibly out of date as our edition was 2012. Of course for more comprehensive texts you can use the web or get a larger book, but for us it was perfect and many times commented that we had made a good choice of book for our trip to this beautiful island.
on 19 August 2012
This was an excellent publication for my first time visit to Rhodes. Good descriptive writing about the island and with some great maps (we did a full tour of the island and maps were so valuable).
on 28 August 2013
Brightly coloured so I cannot lose it in depth of my bag.
Good maps and general information on money transport electric plugs etc
on 31 March 2013
Very good guide and great service
i used a Marco Polo guide in Lanzarote which was very useful
plus good maps
on 26 October 2013
Marco Polo produce some of my favourite travel guides but sadly I didn't find this book as good as the others. It jumps from place to place randomly and the lack of an index made it very user unfriendly especially in Kindle format. This book is better than most but still doesn't really fit the bill.
on 3 February 2014
I've no regrets from taking this guide away with us.

It was a real benefit to us whilst travelling around the island.

I'd consider using this brand again.

The information was pretty current and aided our journey.
on 22 September 2014
Little bit disappointed with this to be honest, maybe I was expecting too much from a pocket size book, wanted to know lots of info on beaches etc but it lacked in info.
on 21 June 2014
Just the job full of brilliant information would fit in a pocket you cannot visit Rhodes without this it contains everything you need to know
on 7 June 2016
Will be taking this on holiday as a lot of info. Just wished the maps were on a much bigger scale.