on 29 January 2014
Only 2 reviews when I wrote this but both 5 star... so I took a chance for the money it was priced at. I wasn't sure how good this would be, as I'd previously bought a similar for £3.99 and it broke after a matter of weeks. This on the other hand is rock solid, easily adjustable and doesn't wobble like my last one on the wind screen. It seems to have strong fixing points, with metal screws, that should last and good suction action for the screen (!...). The only possible concern is the sprung opening mechanism which auto opens the jaws on a button press. But for the price, I can't complain.

The little feet on the carrier can fold down which is great for larger 5 inch screens that are used on their side.

UPDATE: Bought a 2nd one in Apr at £6.99. 1st one in Jan was £4.99. Still happy with it. However I see it's now £8.99. Nearly doubled in price in a few months..... Bit of a percentage hike there.....
on 28 April 2014
I have brought several holders of this type in my job as a taxi driver over the past few years most of this type have either vibrated or failed in one way or another .But I was quite surprised how sturdy the holder turned out to be and also the various ways of mounting the unit either to the screen or dash,highly recommended and also the supplier for next day delivery 5stars
on 14 May 2014
This holder is really, really good. It holds fast to the windscreen, has a good solid angling mechanism and stays in place without moving at all. Brilliant value for money, by using my iPhone as my sat nav has saved me the cost of replacing my sat nav at a fraction of the price. One of my best purchases ever.

Well done for an excellent product.
on 4 September 2014
This is an amazing piece of kit. I am SO glad I bought it. I studied the reviews on this product before I made my purchase and am happy to say that I am not disappointed at all. It is very well designed and constructed and does an excellent job for it's intended purposes. Personally, I bought this product so that I could video car journeys to my favourite places and watch them later. It's a beautiful piece of kit and very sturdy - even when I visit Scotland and drive along bumpy roads on the rugged coastline. It allows for precise adjustment and stays where you leave it - so you can alter the view as and how you wish - whether it be straight ahead - left or right. I am SO glad I bought this product and glad that I chose this one over others that I studied. This one appears to be the best. So, if you are considering buying a mobile phone mount for your car windscreen - this is what you should be looking at. Well worth the extra pennies for a quality product. Highly recommended.
on 15 March 2016
I have been using this for just over 3 months. The cradle rattles when there is no phone in it. One of the foam pads was loose and soon fell out. My phone fell out twice despite appearing to be gripped tightly. The mechanism that opens the two clamps now only releases one clamp and the other has to be pulled out by hand. Compared to the (much more expensive) Brodit cradle for my previous phone, this is disappointing. I guess you get what you pay for.
on 10 October 2015
Good practical peice of kit, my one qualm is that occasionally the part that holds your phone slips off the main holder. This happens particularily over large bumps and on bumpy roads.
on 29 January 2014
On balance I prefer the holders with flexible arm, as they are less of a fiddle to adjust, but this does the job perfectly adequately, holding phone and sticking to windscreen, and its less than £5
on 26 June 2015
Each sprung side of the cradle isn't even - when I press the button to release the grips on either side one of them skips while the other opens smoothly. However, it does the job.
on 15 September 2015
Arrived in good time & was well packaged. Have had other phone holders & was sick of them falling off the windscreen. Thought I'd give this one a try just in the hope it'd work. Wasn't I surprised when it did work. It hasn't fallen off once even with very rough driving over really bumpy surfaces. Definitely recommend this phone holder & will be ordering more.
on 25 March 2016
It does not stick to the screen for more than 20 seconds and has now broken - the mechanism that opens the claws has broken inside. Please do not buy . I am a truck driver and really needed one that works. I really cant be bothered to contact the vendor. If the vendor has any customer services please send me another as this MIGHT BE A ONE OFF ?