on 14 March 2015
Avoid Avoid Avoid. This machine is dreadful. It works for only about 6 minutes before overheating and turning itself off. What good is that???? It starts automatically when it cools down a bit but then only shreds approx 5 pieces of paper before turning off again!! Of course of you have something else to do for half an hour you can then shred for another 6 minutes!!
It is very slow.
The bin will not hold 60 sheets of shredded paper therefore capacity claimed is more than misleading.
Shredded paper goes everywhere.
Auto feeder JUST DOES NOT WORK which was the whole reason for buying. The rollers more often than not fail to grip the paper in the autofeeder and pull it through. I had to resort to poking a screwdriver through the top to push the stacked paper down onto the rollers so it would feed!! Defeats the object of having an autofeeder in the first place.
This really is the worst item I have bought for a long time and it will be going back to the shop as soon as I have the time.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've used this shredder for a few months and it is OK rather than great. Although a bit pricey it is more suitable for home use than in an office - it gets hot and the safety cut-out works a bit too well and too often! You also need to empty the bin fairly regularly as the viewing panel doesn't really let you see in very clearly - the shreddings build up towards the back of the bin. The shredder works reliably and reasonably quietly, and the feeding system works well with the right weight A4 sheets; lubricate regularly for continuing reliable working though!

The shredder fits on a desktop and is quite light for its size so can be moved around a bit if required. It will crunch staples, paper-clips and credit cards so is convenient and suitable for most of your home security needs. If you are looking for a desktop shredder this is not a bad option - but at the price you could get a much more robust floor standing unit if you need to do a lot of shredding.
VINE VOICEon 1 November 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This shredder just does what it does and it does it well. Not only can you manually feed in sheet after sheet - including staples and paper clips - but you can lift up the lid, load in 60 sheets, close the lid and, without pushing any more buttons, it starts to shred them. The instructions are simple and brief - easy to understand. It has useful anti-jam switches, too, so you can power it backwards and forwards if it sticks for any reason. An LED also tells you when it is overheating. I assume you wait for it to cool if that happens. It looks and feels a bit plasticky, but I suppose that is all that is required. It is also quite slow but the flip-side of that is that it is also quiet and discreet. I think the 60-sheet maximum is acceptable for most home studies. The waste bin/drawer makes it easy to empty. From a safety perspective, there is a long distance from where you feed paper in and the blades, so it is unlikely anything else might accidentally be caught - like hair or a tie. One puzzle - the bin is only 'good' for about 20 sheets, so in what respect can you automatically load and shred 60 sheets if you have to stand there and empty it after 20? One smart feature is that the shredder's blades/teeth continue to turn for about 5 seconds after the last paper has gone through - this helps to prevent a build up of detritus and hence reduces jams. Overall I am tepid - content only.
on 25 February 2014
If you have a lot of paper to shred this machine is excellent and will deal with large amounts. It doesn't like paper thicker than 80gm for bulk shredding; any thicker needs to be fed manually, but 4 at a time so not bad. It overheats quite quickly, but I think we were asking rather more of it than most businesses would do in one go. When 60 sheets are loaded together ensure any sheets stapled together have had the staples cut off or removed as this will jam the machine - fairly obvious but worth a mention.
VINE VOICEon 13 November 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First thing to say is this comes in a very large box, which - upon opening - contains a pretty large shredder, which will need a fair amount of space to site it.

This is a well made and easy to operate shredder. It claims to be able to take 60 sheets of paper (A4) at a time but I can't confirm that as the most I've shredded so far is 33! Handled that amount easily and very quietly too.

Its great to be able to drop the paper in and go away while the shredder does its thing - feeding pages into a shredder 1 at a time is boring & time consuming so this is a really useful feature.

The shredder is pretty well featured with the ability to shred staples, credit cards and paper clips. Also boasts self cleaning head, overload and cool down protection. Its standard features include manual reversing to clear jams and manual shredding of up to 5 pages (A4) at a time.

Security level is good (3) and provides cross cutting of the paper - called "confetti" by Rexel. Seems to work well.

So far so good but there are some problems, especially with the bin. It's too small and isn't easy to remove, often resulting in scraps of shredded paper spilling out when you try to empty it. And - as the bin is quite small - that's pretty often.

My other problem is personal but one I suspect others will have; it's too large for my home office (AKA small 3rd bedroom!) And the smallness of the bin probably makes it unsuitable for office use.

A good product that works well but let down by the bin. A shame. Worth a look though.
on 10 September 2012
This is a great product! I recently bought this shredder for my office and I am very impressed. It was easy to set up, straight out of the box, plugged it in and was ready to go. The shredder has a professional look and is a compact size, fitting neatly under my desk. The paper cut is small for good privacy. But the bit that I feel is really innovative is the 'auto feed' feature. You can just place a stack of paper into the machine and leave it. Even if the documents you wish to shred have staples or paper clips in them. The shredder starts automatically, shreds quietly and stops when your documents have been done. The manual feeder option and credit card cutter also work well. The bin is easy to empty, sliding out like a draw.

I have not had a problem with the feeder being picky or sensitive, in fact I feel this machine is reliable and I am amazed by its capability to shred through a large pile of paper without any intervention from me (very different to traditional shredders that require someone to feed paper in).

I would recommend this product to anyone for its ease of use, reliable, confidential and efficient shredding!
on 3 July 2015
Ignore any negative reviews - this shredder is amazing! As a home worker I'd accumulated 7 years of confidential shredding and burnt out 3 Fellowes shredders along the way resulting in 6 bin bags full that needed shredding. This has chewed through the lot with consummate ease. Yes - it does stop when it gets too hot but that's the beauty of the top loading tray. You can load it up and when it cools diwn it carries on. No sitting over feeding in sheets... It will shred stapled documents but occasionally stutters over feeding these through - solution pull the sheets apart and then no problems at all. Excellent price as well.
Size: 300 Sheets|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Great shredder. High capacity waste tray, decent speed, cross cutting for greater privacy and better waste efficiency, not to loud, 300 sheets at a time. All good and as described in the marketing blurb.
But what I wasn't expecting was the atmosphere of awe this would cause in the office that lasted several days. This is absolutely true - colleagues were desperate to have a go with it. People were looking for stuff to shred and crowding around the viewing window. Never before have I known a stationary order cause such a whirl wind of pleasure and anticipation! So yeah, I think you should probably buy one.
on 17 April 2011
I bought this shredder to replace another Rexel shredder (excellent product but gifted elsewhere). I bought this one because I occasionally do bulk shredding of financial reports and bank statements. It's a good item but not as good as I hoped. All the same I recommend it if you have occasional but limited quantities of bulk shredding to do.

Pros

Quiet. Reasonably quick on single sheets. The bulk shredding facility works as advertised: up to one hundred sheets at a time, including staples. If it jams on bulk shredding it automatically reverses until the jam is cleared -- this works well. Well made -- a quality item.

Cons

Fairly expensive. One bulk shred of 100 sheets fills the 27-l bin (not really a con but that's how much space is taken up by shredded paper).

Overheat cut-out operates after 2 or 3 batches of 100 sheets. Unit must then cool for 15-20 minutes. Bulk shred processes one or two sheets at a time so it's quite slow (but effective).

Tends to spill shredded paper outside the bin so you'll need to vacuum it up regularly (other Rexel was the same - maybe that's how shredders are).

Single sheet impossible to feed in -- it meets an obstruction and just folds without going in enough to trigger the on-switch. Four sheets is stiff enough but for less you have to fold in half before inserting. Not a problem once you've acquired the habit.

I had 12 months' worth of financial data to dispose of securely -- a pile of A4 paper some 150 cm high. After four batches of 100 sheets I tired of the speed and overheat cut-outs so I settled for shredding only bank statements and BAS worksheets and simply popped the rest in the recycle bin whole.

Update January 2012 -- the automatic stop has ceased working. When I've finished shredding a batch of papers it just keeps running until I switch it off or lift the lid. Perhaps there's a scrap of paper blocking a sensor. I could take it apart or return it to the supplier but instead I'll just live with it.
on 12 February 2015
After 6 months of use I can say it works very well for me!

Even after all the negative reviews I thought I would give a go as it was the only one with the feeder function and this shape/design.

I run a very small office and we shred only about 100-150 pages per week, mostly A4 with a fair bit of smaller slips and this is our 3rd different shredder and the best one so far.

Regarding the feeder the trick is to make a fold in the middle of your stack of 60 pages (1 second of extra work). They will then all be shredded without the need to stay next to it and feed it 3 by 3 as with my old one, a real pleasure! I do the same if I have a stack of A5. For smaller paper slips I usually separate them from my stack of A4 and shred them the standard way. Also it barely over heats.

Emptying the bin is not perfect, but I never had an easy shredder for this. I now know the technique to minimize the mess, which is to shake well the recipient before pulling it completely.

Bottom line, I recommend it and would buy it again.