- Textbook Binding: 230 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 2 edition (25 Nov. 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0582254884
- ISBN-13: 978-0582254886
- Product Dimensions: 13.8 x 1.2 x 21.5 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 240,835 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Revolt in the Provinces: The People of England and the Tragedies of War, 1630-48 Textbook Binding – 25 Nov 1998
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
'Brilliant, pioneering ... Students cannot afford to neglect this study ... One cannot exaggerate the importance of the perspective provided by this book.'
–The Times Literary Supplement
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Analysis of developments in county areas during the 1630s and 1640s shows a far more sophisticated society than previously understood. The great issues of the world fell upon people's shoulders at the time, leading to enormous conflict and dislocation. This was one of the periods that stand out as providing lessons applicable to today.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early Modern 1501-1700 (Tudors, Stuarts, Commonwealth, Restoration, Glorious Revolution)
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > English Civil War
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Military History > Strategy, Tactics & Military Science
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence > Defence Strategy & Research