Customer Discussions > Unspoken forum

Review

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Jun 2008 19:09:11 BDT
Just when Julia Marshall thinks life is starting to turn around, she stumbles upon the brutalised body of a girl she teaches. And as the terrible present starts to shed light on her mother's past, Julia realises her family's nightmare is only just beginning...

For me, the allure of Sam's previous book, Blood Ties, was that just when you thought you knew where the story was going, Sam spun it around, and presented you with something different. The same is true of this story, but in a much more subtle way. Although the bulk of the story evolved the way I felt it would, Sam still surprised me with the details, motives etc.

Blood Ties had some good characters, but the pull was in the fast paced story. Unspoken was also a `page turner' for me, but more because I was interested in the characters, and wanted to follow their journey. Sam explores a family dealing with seperation, a husband trying to survive alcoholism, as well as Mary's secret past. In the midst of all this is Julia, trying to cope with her mother's silence, her husband and the impending divorce, as well as her own children.

There are also some thought-provoking issues brought up, including part of the ending that I didn't expect.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Unspoken forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  19 Jun 2008
Latest post:  19 Jun 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Unspoken
Unspoken by Sam Hayes (Audio Cassette - 1 Jan 2009)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (14)