Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Review system on Amazon is getting abused

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Nov 2010 12:58:18 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2010 13:01:04 GMT
A. N. Wilson says:
In the past the average rating of a game would be a major factor in deciding whether or not to buy it for me. Reading the majority of the early Black Ops 'reviews' this is no longer the case. Most are either about delivery (or lack of it) or just 'extreme' love/hate reviews. Amazon should delete these in my opinion. At least the delivery related ones anyway.

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 13:04:47 GMT
I agree, if you want it in a hurry go to a high street shop and pay more money for it, instead of moaning about the free delivery time...

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 13:14:44 GMT
R. Traian says:
is not free WTF , you have to pay for it , we paid for it , amazon did not deliver = FAIL!

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 13:46:45 GMT
M. Sullivan says:
The point being made is that the review system is about THE GAME and the people giving it 1 star haven't even played it yet!!!! They are giving Amazon 1 star for not delivering, which is the complete opposite of what the review system is for!!

Morons........

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2010 14:09:44 GMT
Mr. Kp Muir says:
I also paid extra for delivery, it was not free!!!

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 14:30:36 GMT
E. Steadman says:
I've paid extra for delivery too, look at the details its being sent by HDNL a courier.... meaning it won't arrive via royal mail with the normal post, the delivery will come at some point during the day.

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 15:26:50 GMT
bluestreek says:
The review system is on amazons website how is it unfair to rate their poor quality delivery!

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 15:49:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2010 15:50:00 GMT
A. N. Wilson says:
I can understand people being annoyed at not receiving their product when promised. But surely a review system should be there to HELP OTHERS decide whether or not to part with their cash. I dont want reviews on the delivery service which is never going to be 100% reliable no matter what promises a company makes. I didnt pre order due to that and the fact i wanted to know the game was worth owning first. This is normally where the 'product review' comes into play, but now it's not worth a w**k because the reviews are not about the game itself.

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 15:57:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2010 17:19:10 GMT
A. N. Wilson says:
Surely you have all lived in this country long enough to realise we rarely get what we are promised anyway?!

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 15:58:57 GMT
R. Traian says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 16:18:26 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2010 16:22:15 GMT
A. N. Wilson says:
The C.E.O of amazon is on the Forbes list of richest people...don't think a few 1 star reviews will be sending him down the benefits office any time soon.

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 17:22:33 GMT
K. Robson says:
The reason so many bad reviews are being written up is because the children who have not received the game they pre-ordered are enraged. They need to be patient, just because it isn't sitting there waiting for you when you get home does not mean it will not come later in the night. If you do not get it on the day you have been promised, wait until tomorrow when you will most likely get it. It's only 1 day, does it really matter? I ordered Black Ops last night around 9pm and it is in my city at the depot. I'm not pulling my hair out about it, I don't mind that it isn't here because I know it will come tomorrow most likely. You people need to act more mature if you are getting a game that has an 18 rating.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2010 17:30:14 GMT
A. N. Wilson says:
Yep totally agree with you 'K.Robson'. And it looks like Amazon DO filter the reviews every few hours to be fair.

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 17:32:15 GMT
weecole11 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 17:36:23 GMT
M. Sullivan says:
OMG I didn't realise what a bunch of retards have ordered this game. As per my previous post, THE REVIEW SYSTEM IS ABOUT THE PRODUCT (I.E. THE GAME) AND NOT ABOUT AMAZON DELIVERY SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeez, some people are so f***ing stupid!!!!!!!!

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 17:46:57 GMT
R. Traian says:

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 17:53:12 GMT
M. Sullivan says:
We're not saying that the delivery timing doesn't matter. Of course you are more than entitled to be hacked off when you don't get a game on release day. The whole point of this particular thread is about people posting 1 star reviews about THE PRODUCT when they actually mean to give Amazon 1 star for their DELIVERY FAILURES! What this does is completely skews the average rating downwards which is complete bulls**t as those people posting "reviews" which are actually about delivery failures haven't even played the game!!!!!!! Then, when people want to know what other players genuinely think about the game they can't because morons have posted "fake" product reviews! Get it??

Grrrrrrrrrrr

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2010 18:28:44 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2010 18:52:19 GMT
A. N. Wilson says:
'TheDog' You've got the wrong end of the stick (or bone maybe). As a hardcore gamer you would know that magazine (IGN etc) reviews of the 'big' games are suspect at best. Amazon reviews are supposed to be written by ppl who have the game and have no obligation to give a good review. All i want to know is 'should i buy the game?' nothing smart or clever, that's all.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2010 19:05:13 GMT
learn to speak the queens pal

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2010 19:16:48 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2010 19:18:10 GMT
learn to speak the queens (the dog) did you not go to school or are you so hardcore that education passed you by?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2010 20:01:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2010 20:01:45 GMT
R. Traian says:
What do you mean by that? If you want to say that I can't type gramatically correctly just so you know I wasn't born in UK. Moved here a while ago and I don't think my is english that bad , in fact I think it is pretty good compared to other ppls(not those from here I mean generally).

Posted on 10 Nov 2010 10:58:09 GMT
Hammo says:
Just contact amazon and they refund the extra paid when delivery is late, no questions asked. I've done it with no problems. Late delivery does not necessitate a bad review of a game and it certainly isn't going to get you a refund.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2010 12:25:03 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 10 Nov 2010 13:51:47 GMT]

Posted on 10 Nov 2010 12:49:09 GMT
M. Deakin says:
All these thick kids thinking the gaming fairy from Amazon will deliver their precious Black Ops pre order in under 9 hours from the midnight release. So naive. 1st Class delivery is 1-3 days. Not 9 hours, do they not get it? If you wanted it so badly then you should have gone to the midnight launch at your local store!!

Posted on 10 Nov 2010 13:14:00 GMT
Beau says:
If you see a review like that:

1. Press the "no" button where it asks if it's helpful.
2. Click the "Report abuse" link, and report it as abuse.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  9 Nov 2010
Latest post:  9 May 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about