on 19 January 2010
To think the money I've spent over the years on parchment paper, baking parchment etc, this cooking mat is a no brainer. Its paper thin, but totally non-stick, easy to wipe clean and you store it in its own box after use.
on 22 March 2010
I've been really happy with this product. I do use it on the bottom of my fan oven and so far (about a month) have had no problems. It keeps the oven clean and unlike an earlier reviewer I don't find that the air movement from the fan is a problem. I also use it to line baking trays for which it is perfect. I would definitely recommend this product.
on 6 March 2011
Love it. Makes life easy for cleaning up and getting cakes out of tins. Will be buying more in time. Easy to cut to size with sissors.
on 4 June 2009
Anything that saves on washing up or cleaning the oven has to be good! I use this in the grill pan to catch drips, where I used to use aluminium foil, which just seems less wasteful. I also use it in the bottom of the oven, and since I noticed recently the box says not to use directly on the oven floor I put it on a baking tray, but then I never used to and it looks like it did when I bought it. And crucially, it's easy to clean and store. Simple but v useful.
22 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This re-usable Teflon cooking mat is absolute genius - forgive the cliche, but I don't know what I did before it! Apart from chuck-out too many baking trays. The mat can be used as an oven-liner (fan ovens only), thus doing away with the need to constantly clean the oven floor with that hideous spray cleaner, or as a liner on a baking tray or grill-pan, meaning less washing up; win, win!
I have had several of these mats - the first lasted around a year before getting accidentally cut with a kitchen knife, it remained usable but wasn't quite as effective after this. The replacement is still going strong several months later, and gets some very heavy use indeed. The mat goes through the dishwasher nicely and can be rolled-up for easy storage. Great product and a good price, although I have to admit that I have recently seen them in a certain supermarket chain for 75p less than they are on here...
on 13 June 2010
really love this mat washes great as well I do put in dishwasher even though not recommended looks like new every time
on 30 May 2013
Super piece of teflon. Saves lots of time and money cleaning out trays. I have gone through lots of baking trays, but no more. Well done!!!!
on 4 March 2010
very good product ideal for chips or pastry products but not for anything that has got alot of fat on it.
still better off with foil but for general use this is very good.
on 2 May 2011
Brilliant for cooking roast potatoes, baking scones etc, anything that you would normally have to grease/line a tin for. Just wipe clean, roll up and store in a draw when you've finished. Highly recommended.
I really think this teflon cooking mat is great. So useful and really handy.
Saves you so much time when you use this in the bottom of your oven trays.
Easy to wipe clean and even put in the dishwasher.
Really a useful item and saves you time cleaning oven trays.