From the Back Cover
This, the second edition of Retail Marketing Management
, is one of the few retail marketing textbooks that fully integrates retailing and marketing.
Retail Marketing Management
provides up-to-date coverage of key marketing applications for retail management, marrying the traditional retail marketing theory with the newer retail concepts.
A clear and accessible writing style. Learning objectives, illustrations, examples, mini case studies and revised revision questions. A coherent structure, which provides a logical overview of the development of a retail marketing management strategy.
This edition also has expanded coverage of:
- The retail marketing mix, with a chapter on each area
- Retail marketing planning.
- Retail marketing environment and retail communications.
- Segmentation and positioning.
- Electronic retailing
- International aspects of regulation, control, concessions and particular consumer markets.
- Merchandising and floor plans, with floor plan illustrations.
Retail Marketing Management will be invaluable for students of retail marketing and retail marketing management at undergraduate level, as well as those studying retailing, retail studies and retail management at undergraduate level. HND students of Retail Marketing will also find the text useful.
David Gilbert is a Professor of Marketing at the Surrey European Management School, University of Surrey.