Had a few problems with the 1st case I received (it had been designed prior to the release of the Nexus 7) however, communication with MOFRED was pleasant and constructive and they were quick to take the criticism and VERY quick make the adjustments. And now I have the replacement in my hands, what can I say? The improvements are simply incredible!
(To confirm: any new case from MOFRED will be Version 2, they have discontinued the first design)
1) This feels like a luxury case and the fit for the Nexus 7 is perfect - no slop and the tablet is supported well on all sides.
2) Magnetic on/off works like a dream.
3) Case has ports in all the right places (one on the left that people question is actually where the microphone is located)
4) Included stylus is very useful for preventing grubby fingerprints when browsing and if you have the patience to fit the screen protector I don't doubt that will be great also.
5) The power button and volume buttons are a little tricky to get to (although with the magnetic on/off the power button isn't really necessary any more) but this is the same on all cases at the moment due to the design of the tablet. A possible solution would involve covering the original buttons and building button extenders (make sense?) into the case which would add cost and be hard to implement gracefully (although the challenge is out there MOFRED! ;-)).
Ignore the bad reviews, these were for an earlier case (I removed my earlier review and if you are one of the first customers I urge you to contact MOFRED for Version 2 before reviewing). Before receiving the replacement I had bought the LuvTab, which, whilst another excellent case doesn't have the same stand mechanism. Since reviewing that case I have found the magnetic folding stand frustrating in real life use whereas the stand built into this case is simple and effective. The LuvTab will go to a friend and I will be keeping this case.
In conclusion; I am very impressed with the product and seller. 5 stars to both!