Resident Evil 5: Limited Edition features
Limited Edition Steel Tin Packaging
60-minute in-depth "Making of Resident Evil 5" DVD
Resident Evil 5 Game
The biohazard threat has not ended! Just when it seemed that the menace of Resident Evil had been destroyed, along comes a new terror to send shivers down player's spines. Chris Redfield, returning Resident Evil hero, has followed the path of the evil literally around the globe. After joining a new organisation, Chris heads to Africa where the latest bioterrorism threat is literally transforming the people and animals of the city into mindless, maddened creatures. Chris must take on the challenge of discovering the truth behind this evil plot. Promising to revolutionise the series by delivering an unbelievable level of detail, realism and control, Resident Evil 5 is certain to bring new fans to the series. New technology developed specifically for the game, as well as incredible changes to both the gameplay and world of Resident Evil will make this a must-have game for gamers across the globe.
- Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, returns
- New environments and a diverse assortment of locations
- New enemies bring new challenges - speed and intelligence make adversaries as dangerous singly as they are in groups
- An arsenal of weapons at the players command to keep the evil at bay, including knives, pistols, machine guns, sniper rifles and more
- Lighting effects provide a new level of suspense in both harsh light and deepest shadow
- True high-definition gaming on multiple game platforms, using an advanced version of Capcom's proprietary game engine, MT Framework, which powered the next-gen, million-plus hit titles Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising
The sequel to one of the most critically acclaimed games of recent years is finally here and the world of survival horror will never be the same again. Chris Redfield and new partner Sheva Alomar must face a new menace in Africa, as they take on an even more bizarre range of monsters and mutants.
| Series regular Chris Redfield teams up with new girl Sheva |
| Not only can enemies use weapons but they can also drive |
| The new enemies are faster than zombies and cleverer than ganados |
| Now you've got two people to worry about - yourself and your partner |
The first Resident Evil for the new generation of consoles doesn't just improve the quality of the graphics but also the abilities of the enemies. No longer do you face off against slow moving zombies, but instead mutated humans who will anticipate your actions and even set-up barricades to block your exits.
To combat this new menace you not only have a permanent onscreen partner but a wide range of more athletic moves, including dodges and the ability to take cover behind any piece of scenery. The biohazards are evolving yet again - and so is the game itself. Key Features
About the Developer: Capcom
- The next chapter: Continuing the story from Resident Evil 4 and movie Resident Evil: Degeneration, this has topped gamers' most wanted lists since it was announced.
- Evolving threat: Hugely varied gameplay as you battle motorbikes in the bush, race along deadly enemy-filled rivers and combat some of gaming's biggest bosses.
- Super model: Stunning graphics push the next generation consoles to their limits, with hordes of enemies onscreen at once and a larger, more interactive game world than before.
- Afraid of the dark: Realistic lighting system will blind you in bright sunlight or leave you dangerously vulnerable in the dark.
- Two's company: For the first time ever in Resident Evil you can play the entire game with a friend, either on or offline. Or have the computer back you up as new character Sheva.
One of the oldest and most respected Japanese publisher/developers, Capcom are very secretive about their internal studios. Their names are not made public, but they've been responsible for classics ranging from Street Fighter II to Resident Evil and Mega Man to Devil May Cry.Review:
Recipient of just about every game of the year award going in 2005, Resident 4 wasn’t just one of the best games of the last generation it was also one of the boldest reinventions of a well established franchise ever seen. The only problem was how Capcom were ever going to top it and since almost nothing has been revealed about the game so far that’s still a difficult question to answer.
Some facts are known about the game though, in that it uses the same basic gameplay and controls as Resident Evil 4, as well as some other elements from the very first Resident Evil. The latter isn’t surprising as a different team are working on this new game, many of whom worked on the very first game from back on the PSone.
The trailer shows a desert, possibly Middle Eastern, setting with what appears to be fast moving zombies in pursuit of what may, or may not, be Chris Redfield. What is known is that temperature will play an important role in the game, with characters having to cool down if they get too sweaty – even getting heatstroke or passing out from overheating. The game will also feature online elements for the first time in a core Resident Evil game, although again their exact nature remains a mystery. In fact the only thing that’s known for certain about the game is that with a track record this good it’s almost certainly going to be worth the wait finding out about.