Customer Discussions > Resident Evil 5 (PS3) forum

Resident Evil 5 vs Dead Space

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Mar 2009 11:52:45 GMT
Interested in your views on this; a popular view in the games press seems to be that Resi 5 is not as good as Dead Space. I understand that in many respects Dead Space is indeed better - the atmosphere and scares, the more fluid controls - but despite this I am having much more fun playing Resi 5. I am not even through the game yet and I am already replaying some levels - something I would never have done in Dead Space.

So what's makes a better game - technical refinement or fun and replayability?

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Mar 2009 13:07:15 GMT
J. N. Bailey says:
Hhhmmm...tricky one. I personally think these are the two best games I have on the PS3 so far......I think Dead Space had a more tricky job, as it had to start from scratch, without trying to be compared wth anything else. Res is an established franchise trying to re-invent itself and get up to date with todays consoles.

Overall, I think Res is more fun though.....with Dead Space it was more a feeling of relief once you had killed the bosses etc...and sheer panic! Somehow this translates itself into fun...!

I have not finished Res yet though, but already I am planning on getting through all modes of difficulty on solo mode along with co-op mode also, whereas with Dead Space I was just kind of relieved to get to the end and may go back and play t again at a later date....sometimes with games like this playing them a second time can strangley be more fun, because you know whats going to happen.....

I have also had to miss playing Res for two nights, so I'm really up for getting back on there tonight!

I guess this pretty much sums up how I feel about both games.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Mar 2009 15:02:31 GMT
Thanks J. N. - that's a very good point about the relief after finishing a Dead Space Boss as oppose to the child-like "Again! Again!" that Resi 5 seems to elicit!

Posted on 22 Mar 2009 11:52:34 GMT
B. Drew says:
Dead space is an absolutely awesome game a lot of games will struggle to be as good as

Posted on 24 Mar 2009 15:36:09 GMT
Hillsy says:
Dead Space I finished, I agree it was more scary and atmospheric than Res5. Then again with Res5 I am playing through the campaign again, something which I rarely do with any game. With Res5 you can continually upgrade your weapons throughout the campaign. Also there is mercenaries mode once you finish the game. I'll say grab both if you can afford it.

Posted on 30 Apr 2009 19:17:21 BDT
RESI 5 RESI 5 RESI 5 By far!! All Dead Space did was copy resi anyway

Posted on 14 May 2009 14:23:18 BDT
Trigger says:
I think it's all about the game's scares - Dead Space is full of cheap moments like enemies jumping out of vents and so on, but despite this they are successful at scaring you and keeping you on edge; whereas Resi 5 is never remotely scary - gross and ridiculous at times - but you're never playing with a feeling of dread because you're not alone and the enemies aren't frightening.

Dead Space is a very draining game to play, whereas Resi 5 is almost a turkey shoot, so while I agree that Resi is probably more fun, I think Dead Space is easily the better game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  19 Mar 2009
Latest post:  14 May 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
Resident Evil 5 (PS3) by Capcom (PlayStation 3)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (145)