Size: Pack of 1|Change
Price:£2.84+ Free shipping

on 7 May 2014
I've tried so many brands of ready to roll icing but they have all fallen short in quality and taste.

As soon as you remove the icing from the packet you can see and smell the difference. It's a lovely texture to kneed and doesn't take long which is great for myself as I have severe arthritic hands. The smell is gorgeous as is the taste. Doesn't taste like store bought icing. I will NEVER try another brand nor would I ever make my own again. Well done Renshaw, you have a loyal customer forever
on 4 June 2013
Rolls perfectly ND GOES QUITE A LONG WAY! aDVISE AL COOKS TO HAVE PLENTY OF ICING SUGAR FOR DUSTING THE ROLLING SURFACE WITH. aRRIVE WITH A GREAT EXPIRY DATE, WELL WRAPPED AND SAFE. Thankyou very much!
on 25 January 2013
Living in France we are behind the times here when it comes to easy to use cooking and it's like going into a wonderland every time we go into somewhere like Morrissons/Tescos or whatever. The choice is unbelievable. You are lucky to find anything here yet alone ready to roll icing. I had never heard of ready to roll icing before. It's the first time I've made a Christmas cake and of course I wanted to go the whole way by putting on marzipan and of course icing. I watched the Great British Bakeoff and they were using the ready to roll icing.
I highly recommend it. It's easy to roll out and put on the cake. So easy, so convenient.
The post didn't take too long either coming to France.
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 1 February 2016
We bought this, actually these as they came in two 250g packages rather than one.
They may have been ready to roll but perhaps we were not strong enough as even at room temperature, a warm room, they were difficult to roll out.
Even when rolled although the finished result looked good it had a slightly strange taste.
Not really worth getting and saves little time compared to making your own.
on 16 January 2013
Very competitively priced. Great product, easy to use and did a great job.
Highly recommended. Would buy this product again.
on 11 June 2016
Lovely pliable icing. Colour is true to the picture. 1 x500g bar is enough to cover a large 9" cake and a cake board. I am a cake maker and always buy Renshaw Ready to Roll Icing. They have lovely colours and are always well blended and consistent.
It hardens nicely and very rarely cracks, if it does they are small cracks and easy to smooth over. I find Renshaw Ready to Roll Icing is also good to use for cake toppers and models. I don't tend to buy modeling paste as it dries out too quickly if you're not speedy enough at making the models. This stuff has worked perfectly for all my cakes and cake toppers! Icing also tastes nice, sweet and fresh. Some icings have a strange after taste but his is nice and compliments the sponge and filling.
Highly recommended!!

Comment Comment | Permalink
on 14 April 2016
This was perfect for what I wanted it for, which was icing a homemade birthday cake. It arrived quickly (which was important as I had left it quite last minute to order!) and had a long use by date too. The icing is really easy to work with, rolls out nicely, takes well to having food colouring to it, and above all it tasted great! it smoothed nicely on to the cake and didn't dry out for days, which was important as I couldn't give the person their cake for at least a day after making it. It also helped to keep the cake fresh inside so that was a great bonus. There's plenty in the packet as well, it easily covered the 9 inch cake (which was nearly 5 inches tall) and I had quite a lot left over too. It keeps well if you wrap it up tightly in cling film and store it in an air tight box too. The icing also took well to being written on with a food colouring pen! I can't really fault this icing at all, it did the job perfectly and I will purchase it again.
on 16 February 2013
Great company to deal with, loved the icing, it was needed for my Chrismas cake, nice and tasty and everyone enjoyed it.
on 14 November 2015
I wasn't expecting two of the same product. I have used the icing for a lot of baking and am still on the first item! I coloured it pink with icing colouring and made little roses with a rose mould - all my friends commented on how professional my cupcakes looked.
on 18 November 2014
Good quality product. But be aware that you may receive TWO PACKS of 250g instead of 1 pack of 500g. When I asked the supplier why they replied "I'm afraid we do not currently offer the option to choose one pack of 500g or 2 packs of 250g. At present our system allocates products to orders to meet each order requirement, as such on this occasion, 500g of icing was met with two 250g blocks of icing."