- Hardcover: 176 pages
- Publisher: Portico (29 Sept. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1906032122
- ISBN-13: 978-1906032128
- Product Dimensions: 20.3 x 2.5 x 27.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (10 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 441,841 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Remember the 80s: Now That's What I Call Nostalgia Hardcover – 29 Sep 2008
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"An acid-washed trip down memory lane." "American Way""
About the Author
Richard Evans has been working in music PR and management for nearly ten years - he has worked as International Promotions Manager for London Records and as Senior Manager of Talent and Music for MTV Europe. He has appeared on several radio stations, including Radio 1 and XFM as a reporter, interviewee and DJ. Richard runs the world's most popular 80s website Remember TheEighties.com, which receives more than a million hits per month and distributes its newsletter to 18,000 people per week. He also runs his own record label - This Is Not Retro, on which he releases new music from classic 80s pop and rock acts. Richard lives in Langton Matravers, Dorset.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The complete decade is dealt with and researched in great detail here. The opening page of each year is a snapshot of that year and there's more information here than I learnt in secondary school. Just from this page alone, you'd do so well in any pub quiz.
The great thing here is, it's not all music. While each year does include the no. 1 albums and singles in the UK for that year, there are also movies, interviews and memorabilia sprinkled amongst the text which adds great colour throughout.
So much of this book will bring you right back. Who Shot J.R? E.T., Falklands War, Trivial Pursuit, Commodore 64, Maggie Thatcher, Pacman, Fame, Betamax, The Simpsons, and the Berlin Wall. It's all here, and we haven't even touched on the music.
Band Aid, Kylie & Jason, The Tube, Ryan Paris, Acid House, Strawberry Switchblade, Live Aid, and Stock Aiken & Waterman are all included here. There's even an 80s icon singled out for each year including Adam Ant, Toyah Wilcox and A-ha to name but three, and there's exclusive interviews with the majority of these icons.
To give the book an objective point of views, there's genuine comments and memories from many of the readers of the authors website remember the eighties.Read more ›
I suppose that the title should have given me an indication as to the content.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
.....and remember all those crazy styles, great music and think.....I wonder what happened to those trousers, did I really wear that and....weren't Duran Duran awesome....etc. ;-)Published 23 months ago by Andy Best
Bought this as a birthday present for a friend. She loved it, said it bought back lots of memories for her.Published on 2 Sept. 2013 by Mrs. W. Simkin
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Edwardian and Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 20th Century
- Books > History > Europe > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > Europe > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > North America > Early 20th Century 1901-1913
- Books > History > North America > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > World History > 1901-1913
- Books > History > World History > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > Humour
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts