Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Oct 2007 19:55:27 BDT
L. Cox says:
Pretty annoyed to hear that the band have asked their record label to push the release date back into the new year. Adam Duritz had this to say on his blog:

"There is another reason I'm writing this today and this is actually the thing that got me off my ass in the first place. This will frustrate some of you I'm sure, and I apologize for that, but we've gone to Geffen and asked to push back the release date of Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings until sometime after the New Year.

It was just a crazy busy summer. Between all the touring and the traveling and the mixing and mastering of the new album and putting the together the package and writing all the essays for the August... reissue, we just let some little things fall through the cracks. The record itself is finished but we just did the photo shoot a few weeks ago, the art and packaging deadlines were last week, and, even putting in 20 hr days, it was just impossible to get it all done. There are videos and singles and so many things to decide on and finish and it's just not the time in our career to be rushing important decisions. Actually, in my opinion, it's never the right time to rush important decisions. We really try to make records that last forever. I don't see the point in putting all the work in to do that and then not having the right cover or picking the wrong single or making the wrong video. They're small things, I guess, but they matter to me and they're just a few of many.

It's a tough pill for our record company to swallow. Especially in this day and age, it's not easy to ask them to postpone a Counting Crows album that would have been on sale for fall and through the Xmas season. Someone somewhere will not be happy with them. Luckily for us, the people we deal with at our label ARE music people and they know that our partnership with Geffen has been a marathon, not a sprint. We haven't been around together all these years because we were worried about a few months."

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2007 17:47:04 BDT
you nerd

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2007 18:35:21 BDT
L. Cox says:
thanks sexypants

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Nov 2007 21:04:35 GMT
Spaldingcrow says:
Am waiting patiently as I can but can't help wishing Adam some sleepless nights. Harsh?? It's taken 5 years since the last proper release (that's 10 for an insomniac). I love the Crows but am fed up of re-hases and re-releases of CC Gumbo, all of which I have purchased.

And you're not that much of a nerd.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  15 Oct 2007
Latest post:  10 Nov 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings
Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings by Counting Crows (Audio CD - 2008)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (54)