No Release Date Delivery for First Class

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Jul 2012 16:05:51 BDT
Dom says:
I pre-ordered this expecting First Class delivery to deliver it ON the release date. When my order details then said it will be delivered 30 Aug, I contacted support, to which they said:

"I would like to inform you that if your purchase is eligible, you'll get the release date delivery option automatically. It appears that this order is not eligible for release date delivery because we do not offer release date delivery for this item. Placing an order via First class delivery method doesn't always guarantee a release date delivery.

If this is available for the game you're interested in, you'll see a message saying "Want to receive this the day it comes out?" on the game's Product Detail page.

The promised delivery date for your order was August 30, 2012. This was our standard promise at that time as would have been indicated in your estimated dispatch and delivery dates."

Not good enough, Amazon!

I will be cancelling my order and going to ShopTo, who guarantee its arrival ON the release date (and I have found to often actually arrive a day before).

Posted on 31 Jul 2012 22:10:00 BDT
Ginge says:
US customers get guaranteed delivery. This is shoddy, Amazon UK

Posted on 8 Aug 2012 11:16:11 BDT
L Sheppard says:
US customers get the 3 day headstart/hero's band offer for pre-orders of the game, again EU customers lose out.

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-2-Pc/dp/B001TOQ8X4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1344420787&sr=8-2&keywords=guild+wars+2

Posted on 8 Aug 2012 18:33:08 BDT
tinkerbell says:
Te delivery IS something Amazon have failed in here with this massive release. I PRE order from TESCO who had 15% off PRE orders, so cheaper slightly after discount?

The fluff however that's a NCsoft issue and shows that the UK is seen as prime to be ripped off by big companies. Shame on them.

Posted on 10 Aug 2012 19:06:17 BDT
Benjamin says:
We get the headstart too! You just have to order the pre-purchase edition instead of the pre-order edition!

Posted on 10 Aug 2012 20:24:33 BDT
Mandrax says:
ShopTo are charging nearly 40.00 for the game PLUS you have to pay for First Class Signed delivery too which is a further 1.99

Posted on 18 Aug 2012 12:10:44 BDT
I just had a chat conversation with one of their reps who confirmed they are not sending pre-order codes and they will not be offering delivery in time for release.

I've cancelled and ordered from Tesco who are delivering for release date with no delivery charge.

This is the first time I've ever been disappointed in Amazon.

Posted on 18 Aug 2012 15:43:00 BDT
M. Sander says:
Ive also just registered and ordered from Tesco - not sure why Amazon are behind the curve...

Posted on 26 Aug 2012 01:01:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Aug 2012 01:03:10 BDT
S. Nokes says:
The first day you can play in the Uk with this copy of the game is the 28th aug my copy was sent out this Saturday the 25th, so from the look of things i will have it Monday or Tuesday
so its all good.you can only get 3 to 4 days head start and it don't matter! in mmo, and anyways most mmo suck for the first 2 to 3 weeks, because of bugs and the servers going offline, i know i was there for swtor, it was terrible.

Posted on 27 Aug 2012 00:43:38 BDT
Kio says:
My guild wars arrived on Saturday, so I was more than happy to be able to have the game installed and ready for release on tuesday.

Posted on 27 Aug 2012 13:09:59 BDT
Tay Eff says:
With expedited delivery, my estimated delivery date is the 29th of August, and I've had it on order for a week. That's not cool.

Posted on 27 Aug 2012 13:46:08 BDT
I was unable to get it shipped by the release date, even with a massive pre-order window, because of course I had to travel when they tried to ship it/charge my account and my bank had just placed my account on a fraud hold for "non-domestic charges". Now if I'm lucky, it'll go out tomorrow and arrive sometime at the end of the week.

Posted on 27 Aug 2012 15:07:43 BDT
You guys do know its bank holiday Monday right? I reckon you will get it the 29th.

Posted on 28 Aug 2012 09:35:31 BDT
emmmajay says:
my copy hasnt even been dispatched yet and i pre orderd in july its aparently bening dispatched today and estimated 31 august to 3 of sep wtf is that about how come you guys got your copy early

Posted on 28 Aug 2012 12:53:34 BDT
Katar says:
My copy was dispatched on Friday (24th), but hasn't turned up today. The estimate is for it to turn up on Friday (31st) or Saturday (1st) this week, which even given a Bank Holiday is ridiculous.

Posted on 28 Aug 2012 13:41:42 BDT
R. Whitmore says:
I've cancelled my order for reasons of offering a poor delivery policy. I've purchased the downloadable version for roughly the same price (£36.45) from: http://play-sc.com/. No more of this Friday 31st delivery date nonsense.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2012 17:00:26 BDT
Matt W says:
i know, mine still aint shipped yet, had the whole day off today coincidentally and was looking forward to this, i tried to cancel and re order using next day delievery but wont let me now

Posted on 28 Aug 2012 17:29:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Aug 2012 19:07:48 BDT
BM says:
I ordred this morning, not shipped yet but says delivery tomorrow (29th), i chose guaranteed next day at 3.99

Dispatched :)

Posted on 31 Aug 2012 12:49:36 BDT
Ordered this a month ago, I'm still waiting on it arriving after being dispatched last Saturday. Sort it out Amazon.

Posted on 13 Oct 2012 15:35:10 BDT
morganville says:
Amazons first class delivery is totally unreliable ................and will continue to be so as long as they use royal mail.............it is now seven days since my limited edition cd shipped (so i cannot get another one) .No joke a parcel coming from the u.s.a shipped on the same day as my parcel ..............has arrived it comes to something when an international parcel arrives before a domestic one
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  30 Jul 2012
Latest post:  13 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Guild Wars 2 - Standard Edition (PC DVD)
Guild Wars 2 - Standard Edition (PC DVD) by NCsoft (Windows 7 / Vista)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (264)