Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Apr 2008 03:38:33 BDT
Soulless says:
Hi! Can anyone tell me if games for Ps3 are region-locked or not? Specifically GTA...That is, if I'm in the US and buy the game in Europe or vice-versa will it play on my console (bought in a different region from the game in question)?

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2008 06:57:30 BDT
D. Richard says:
all ps3 games are region free, i have a hong kong ps3 and own all us, uk and asian games and they run perfectly :)

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2008 15:55:42 BDT
R. Bennett says:
Richard

My experiences to date are that Unisoft games are regionally locked

And I have just tried Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (PS3) and that is also locked

The problem appears to be the video settings on my U.S PS3

However, both times I have managed to return them FOC to Amazon so I would only ever buy from this site in future.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Apr 2008 21:14:17 BDT
Ive seen things on the internet that indicate that GTA4 isn't region free. Not 100% sure mind.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2008 12:08:52 BDT
The XBOX 360 Version of GTA IV isn't region free. The PS3 version is.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2008 12:18:24 BDT
elelamb says:
All Blu-Ray Movies And Games Are Region Free And Work On All Playstation 3 Consoles, Which Are Also Region Free!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2008 12:38:54 BDT
HitBox47 says:
Only Blu-Ray Games are region free (exception i've found so far is GT5:Prologue)
Some Blu-Ray Movies are region free-others aren't.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2008 19:00:54 BDT
nemesis76 says:
hi mate, you can play any regions disc on ps3 but! BUT!

I have recently had problems trying to use add on packs for games that you buy through the playstation store (this is normally the only way to get them) and if you have a disc from a different region, you cannot use the downloads from the playstation network.

so if you just want the game as it comes in the box and are not bothered about being able to purchase add ons and additional maps etc.. then yes, by all means buy the game from a different region..

I would rather not be left playing the same old game when my mates are all playing the latest add ons that make the game so much cooler...

my advice is to wait until you can get it from your own region and enjoy all the benefits that it brings!

its your call mate...

all the best...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  17 Apr 2008
Latest post:  28 Apr 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition (PS3) by Take 2 Interactive (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (8)