Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Sep 2010 15:25:35 BDT
Starrylynx says:
Hello, I live in the USA and would like to know what region this set is? I note that there are two other variations of this Restored release - which say region 2 - however, the 3 disc Metropolis Restored Limited Edition Dual Format does not list the region - hopefully 0 region - able to play on any dvd player? I tried to find out by going to Eureka, and it still didn't state - please Amazon UK or anyone that knows - please post. It looks like the definitive release, I know Kino is releasing in the USA - but this one looks great

Posted on 1 Oct 2010 19:23:58 BDT
ask57 says:
If rumors are to be believed, the blu-ray version will be region B locked. The dvd is zone 2 locked as well. You will need an all region blu-ray player. Try Oppo BDP-93 which should be out before this package is. There are of course cheaper options including Oppo bdp-80 and Momitsu players.

Posted on 6 Dec 2010 19:08:08 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Dec 2010 19:09:43 GMT
Monty says:
It has been a few months since your post, but to let you know I live in Texas and got Eureka's blu-ray of METROPOLIS and it is region B and the DVD is region 2. I got on Amazon (USA) and purchased a 'cheap' region-free blu ray/dvd player for about 120 bucks. Sherwood BDP-5004 is a pretty good machine for watching ANY blu ray or ANY dvd whether its PAL or NTSC. Since buying this decent player, the price has gone up some. Now I have freedom in my Amazon UK purchasing with no more worrying about region coding or playback issues with DVDs being NTSC (which is our format here in the states).
This edition of METROPOLIS was worth the upgrade!! Since then I have ordered Eureka titles since they did such a fantastic job with METROPOLIS. Just never liked Kino and how they transfered DVDs in the past...could not wait to see how they would handle this movie so I went abroad...now I am hooked on Amazon UK! Love these imports!!
The only problem with the Sherwood player is you have to enter codes to get region free play. You can find the codes on the Amazon (USA) site review for this product.
Anyway, hope that helps in any way.

Posted on 2 Jul 2012 12:58:13 BDT
PoochJD says:
Also, it should be pointed out there has never been a 3-disc set of METROPOLIS released in the UK. There has only ever been a 2-disc set, containing one Blu-Ray disc and one DVD disc.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xaf60315c)

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  29 Sep 2010
Latest post:  2 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions