Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Jul 2010 17:25:12 BDT
J. D'Mello says:
I ordered this assuming it was an EU region version but theres some complaints on the forums. Anyone who has received a copy from amazon know which region it is?

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jul 2010 08:55:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Jul 2010 09:02:28 BDT
Yes. If you purchase the game from Amazon.co.uk then its is the EU. HOWEVER, majority of players on b.net are in fact from AMERICAN NORTH. So, if you purchase EU, you'll probably play about 1/4th the number of the players that you would have played on US.North. It sucks. So I cancled my order with amazon and purchased the digital download on battle.net and chose US.North.

For those who no not understand this "region lock". Basically, in Starcraft 1, Warcraft, Diablo you had the option of selecting regions to play, at any time. These were, Europe, US East, US West, ASIA. You could at any time change and play people from any of these regions (The U.S are minimum of 5 hours behind so playing on that region at 11am here would be around 6am their, a very quite time), so you would simply change to EU server. HOWEVER, this time round, without telling anybody, BLizzard have decided to region lock the game. So basically if you are in the EU, and you buy a copy in the store on a EU website, then the copy of your game will be EU and you can ONLY play people from the EU. You CAN NOT play people from the US servers, ASIA servers. Most of my gaming friends are in the US so as you can imagine, ordering a EU collectors edition for £59 on amazon.co.uk and ordering a US collectors edition for $150!!!!! was quite annoying.

Posted on 18 Aug 2010 18:03:21 BDT
DKL says:
It's not Blizzard's fault you're unable to read properly. It's been stated right from the start about the region lock AND the 1/3 campaign mode.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2010 06:24:24 BDT
M. Saqlain says:
It is still very very stupid to region lock ... Any long time gamer would know how annoying this is ... I have friends in Asia and I play warcraft with them now and then. I can't do this on starcraft 2. Also, my brother is in US and I can't play this game with him. This is an absolute disgrace by Blizzard. The corporate greed has gotten to them, say hello to the new EA studio.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  27 Jul 2010
Latest post:  2 Sep 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (Mac/PC DVD-ROM)
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (Mac/PC DVD-ROM) by Blizzard (Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Windows XP)
4.1 out of 5 stars (285)