- Flexibound: 448 pages
- Publisher: New World Publications,U.S.; 2Rev e. edition (30 July 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1878348310
- ISBN-13: 978-1878348319
- Product Dimensions: 23.3 x 15.4 x 2.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,032,247 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Reef Creature Identification: Florida, Caribbean, Bahamas (Reef Set) Flexibound – 30 Jul 2007
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, and more.
The book that has been relied on for a decade to identify the weird and wonderful crabs, lobsters, shrimps, jellies, sponges, tunicates and mollusks that inhabit the reefs is now 30 percent larger! This 2nd edition includes 220 new photos of beautiful shells, outrageously camouflaged crabs, a superb collection of exquisite nudibranchs and the most outrageous octopus ever discovered in the Caribbean! The scientifically updated text, illustrated with over 660 fascinating photos, is the most comprehensive and beautiful visual ID reference published for marine invertebrates of the Florida Caribbean and Bahamas region.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Biological scientists that specialize in identifying, describing and classifying plants and animals according to their natural relationships, are called taxonomists. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
After an introduction 10 groups of cxreatures are listed and described-these are1) porifera 2) chindaria 3) ctenophora 4) platyhelminths and rhynochocela 5) annelida 6) ectoprocta 7) arthropoda 8) mollusca 9) echinodermmata and 10) chordata.For each species there is an excellent picture,common aand Latin names,size,depth found,visual identification,abundance distribution,habit and behaviour,effect on divers and finally similar species.
A first class manual in allresp-ects.Deserves 10 stars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Super-book - the perfekt gift to our son. Wonderful pictures...Published 12 months ago by Anne Dissing
This book is a great addition for your library. A must for the serious underwater photographer.Published on 2 Dec. 1998
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Marine Life
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Hydrobiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Aquatic Creatures
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences