on 21 January 2015
They're Red Vines, and there's a lot of them. It should go without saying that you shouldn't buy this many Red Vines unless you've tried them first and actually enjoy them. It's a lot of Red Vines. It might not be immediately obvious from the picture how large a quantity 4lbs of Red Vines actually are. I am confident that I could fit my head inside this tub, and it's certainly large enough for a whole chicken. The container's pretty good incidentally, inasmuch as you can turn the lid to latch it down so that they don't go everywhere if you knock it over. Also the vines are stacked end-up for easy access; if they were sideways, or upside-down, I think it would've been a let-down.

My wife was delighted with this on Christmas. I'm not sure when, or if, we're going to be able to finish them but I'll try to update the review when I do.

Update - It turns out that this is about six months' supply of occasional snacking. We were kind of sick of them by that point.
on 13 September 2012
Arrived the very next day, I bought them for my friends birthday. We love them - what the hell cant they do!?
on 19 October 2010
Awesome product, well priced and delivered quickly! Thanks very much, I've almost finished all of them. Red Vines are EPIC. If you are a fan of AVPM/AVPS then theyre a definate must!
33 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2015
This is an acquired taste. This tub has been in my workplace for over a month and at least half of the tub is still there which proves how few people like it. It tastes like a brand of antiseptic pink cream to me but other people have liked them to cough medicine.
on 19 December 2015
Product arrived quickly and as described, BUT there is a big white sticker on the top of both tubs saying Amazon retail and IT WON' COME OFF!!! Leaving ugly sticky sticker marks. Not a good look for a present so I'm not happy.
review image
on 22 December 2011
My youngest son had pestered for some of these 'Redvines' Liquorice... probably as advertised on his gaming websites. Available from America at an exorbitant price, I searched Amazon uk and was surprised AND pleased to see they were available here..

O.K. it is a huge quantity... 4lbs (1.8Kg) but it works out cheaper that the same quantity from the USA. At 240 strips (approx) in the tub, it will take quite some time to get through them...
on 11 March 2016
Quite honestly, I don't see the appeal. And neither do my colleagues.
These were bought for the intention of being shared and enjoyed at my work and most often they were compared (by taste and smell) with the scent of Deep Heat or antiseptic. If this is truly representative of what they're like in the states, Americans have more issues then just with their version of chocolate.

It speaks volumes when these are now given as joke sweets to unsuspecting colleagues and the rest (4/5 of the tub) will now be given away as a booby prize as last pick in the charity raffle.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 April 2016
Sugar rush incoming....

This tub is hugeeee. According to someone in the household who counted (inaccurately most likely) it had about 147 sticks working out at about 10 pence per stick at point of consumption, economy of scales there for you!

Taste is decent, not as nice as some liquorice you get but not bad and does remind me of medicine somewhat (the nice ones though). This has a side benefit in that you will likely be unable to eat too many in one sitting without it feeling sickly, not as bad thing to prevent you devouring them in one go.

Have a few veggies in the household and for them this is great as its gelatine free which some liquorish products will have.

In all, while taste is not perfect, you get a load of liquorish that nice enough to pick at now and then.There is an amazon sticker that will stay affixzed to the top of the lid which does not peel off correctly always. grab a rough cloth, warm water and rub off, job done.
review image review image
on 6 February 2014
Very large tub of red vines. Lasts for what seems like a lifetime.
I had never had red vines before, but I was expecting them to be somewhat like twisslers. They were in taste, but not in texture. They were quite hard, and hollow on the inside.
Anyway, I better get back to the tub.
on 9 April 2016
Bottom line: Buy it only if you've tasted Red Vines before and you're sure you like them. If you've only had Twizzlers, they DO NOT taste the same although they're both red liquorice.

I've personally only tried Twizzlers before this and I'm a fan, but Red Vines were on sale and I thought 'Hey why not? They're red liquorice so it can't be that different, right? Right?' But honestly if you're a fan of Twizzler, I don't think you'd like the taste of Red Vines. I'm not really picky with my food so I did manage to finish the entire tub but it was 'meh' compared to Twizzlers. So go ahead if you like Red Vines, but if you've never tried them I'd say buy a small pack to try before diving into a huge tub.